Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS - S1, E7: "Much Ado About Boimler"...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:43 PM

Mariner tries to impress her best friend from Starfleet Academy who is now a visiting Captain. Boimler is sent to a Starfleet medical ship after a transporter accident puts him "out of phase."

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:52 AM

Another fun episode.  A lot of great easter eggs here, like the Jellico reference and a salamander as one of the freaks.

It was a nice surprise to see that they really were going to a nice planet.

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,874 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

Much Ado About Boimler?

Interesting title given that from what little I saw, it seemed that the main plotline was focused on Mariner.  It showed that she has the ability, but generally is sabotaging herself either out of spite for authority, or out of fear of responsibility.  Might she have suffered an incident along the lines of what Kirk went through on the USS Farraghut?

Boimler being sent to an institute for those with mysterious ailments and conditions, kind of reminds me of “Dagger of the Mind” and “Whom the Gods Destroy” with those remote facilities designed to cure the aberrations of the Federation, and a “rebellion” resulting.

I’m not sure of what to make of Tendi and her “dog.”

And once again we have a command staff of a starship being sent on a covert ops mission … this is a Starfleet practice which really makes no sense, since one would think that command staff wouldn’t be considered expendable, especially with the knowledge they carry in their head.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostG-man, on 25 September 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Much Ado About Boimler?

Interesting title given that from what little I saw, it seemed that the main plotline was focused on Mariner.

I'm wondering if it's a pun on Much Ado about Nothing, since Boimler was out of phase and thus close to being "nothing." Though that's clumsy at best.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

It wouldn't be the first time the B plot takes over an episode instead of what the episode title is named for.  "MERIDIAN" immediately comes to mind as one where the B story was far superior to the A one.

#6 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:16 PM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 25 September 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

It wouldn't be the first time the B plot takes over an episode instead of what the episode title is named for.  "MERIDIAN" immediately comes to mind as one where the B story was far superior to the A one.

My go-to examples of that are "The Muse" from DS9 and "The Swarm" from VGR.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:43 PM

Perfect choices for the subject at hand.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users