The Orville

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:36 PM

https://www.cbr.com/...eth-macfarlane/

Seth MacFarlane recently discussed the status of The Orville, saying that Season 3 is still in the cards.

"There has been a lot of speculation online: Will the show come back? The show is still a huge priority for me and for the cast and everyone else," MacFarlane said during an Instagram Q&A with fellow cast member Jessica Szohr. "We do have a season to finish, and we are going to finish it."

MacFarlane also discussed how the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic impacted how the cast and crew will film the series. "For a show with a lot of prosthetic makeup that requires close contact, a lot of background artists… it's a big job, and you want to make sure you do it in a way that keeps everyone safe and secure. Once we have those protocols figured out, we will start up again and you will get more Orville."

It is good to know that McFarlane sees the show as a priority and is also taking the health safety of the cast seriously. Hopefully they can figure something out soon and get the season finished.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:14 PM

The waiting is bad enough these days without the pandemic making things worse.  It's been over three years since Orville premiered and we've basically had two half seasons. It will take a decade for the show to accumulate the same number of episodes as the original Star Trek and the cast will be noticeably older.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:30 PM

It has been so long, I forgot. Did we get to see season two broadcast on CBS television?

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,914 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:18 PM

It should have been aired on Fox, unless there's been a change I am unaware of.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

FOX did air season 2.

#6 1XMCfan

1XMCfan
  • Islander
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 03:13 PM

Thanks, as I said I could not remember :dizzy:

#7 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:12 PM

David A. Goodman, one of the writers and producers on "The Orville," has another  "Orville" comic book series out.  Issue #2 should be out October 7th.

Edited by Jorgasnarova, 04 October 2020 - 02:15 PM.

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:49 PM

^I didn't know there were any Orville comics. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#9 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

The first was a 4 issue comic entitled "New Beginnings," which is available in both graphic novel and kindle formats.

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,190&sr=8-1

A second 4 issue comic entitled "Launch Day," is currently running and will be collected into a graphic novel edition.

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,190&sr=8-2

So far, I've found the artwork and writing on these to be top notch.  Goodman has commented, slightly tongue-in-cheek, that these story lines should be considered official and canonical until, of course, he comes up with a contradictory story line he likes better.

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:17 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 04 October 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

^I didn't know there were any Orville comics. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.  
The first series was great. In fact, probably the best comic-book tie in to a TV show I've ever seen. The character likenesses were perfect, the art overall was very good, and the tone and the rhythm of the story perfectly matched what you'd expect from an episode.

I thought I had pre-ordered the second series.  I'll have to go check on it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:45 PM

Principal photography for season 3 of The Orville was approximately at somewhat less than the half way point when the show went on hiatus due to the COVID lock down.

Trekmovie.com is reporting filming for the remainder of season 3 will resume next month.  

HULU has not yet announced a premiere date.

https://trekmovie.co...on-in-december/

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:03 PM

At last!  Progress!  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Orville

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users