Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

SUPERNATURAL - S15, E14 - "LAST HOLIDAY"...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:44 AM

Sam and Dean discover a wood nymph living in the bunker who is determined to protect her family, at any cost.

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:44 AM

The final stretch of episodes begins tonight.  I've missed the boys!

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:36 PM

The boys are back in town!  Thank Chuck!
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,877 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:41 AM

Who was that guy they were throwing the birthday party for, and what relation is he to the brothers?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:31 AM

That's Jack.  He is Lucifer's son, and basically a surrogate son to Dean and Sam.

I have missed these guys so much!  This was a fun episode.  The utter joy and glee Dean kept showing... how can anyone NOT love his character?  (I could also be biased.  Watching Dean is like watching myself in a LOT of ways.)

I really liked Mrs. Butters.  I hope we see her again before the end.

It was nice to actually know WHAT that telescope is used for.

And 'Monster Radar'... THAT is so extremely useful.  They could certainly have used it for more.

So many nice little nods.  Not sure if anyone else caught this one... the file that Cuthbert mentioned, 5150.  That is not only the first Van Halen album with Sammy Hagar as lead singer, but it's also the studio Eddie Van Halen had made.  The band produced every album from 1984 onward there.

(Obviously, this episode was produced LONG before Eddie Van Halen passed away, which was only days ago.  But it was nice to see the nod, even if it may not be intentional.)

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:45 PM

Well, this was a nice fun episode for the boys to return with, even if Cass and Chuck did not appear.  Although there was a bit of a grim moment at the start when they mentioned that they must also kill Amara-- I don't recall that being mentioned before. It's a pretty tall order for Jack to kill two gods.

But I'm always up for an episode that focuses on the Bunker and Men of Letters lore (although I wish that they weren't so corrupt-- I'd love to see a series or a novel or something that expands on their adventures).  The concept of a magical Wood Nymph as their nanny is perfect and I'm glad that Mrs Butters was able to get over being evil. It's kind of a shame that she couldn't remain a part of the cast until the end-- I'd love to know more about what a fully powered Bunker can do.  It's interesting that she knew immediately what Jack is-- I wonder how events would have unfolded if Castiel had been around.  Come to think of it, it's odd that she never met him because this episode took place over a period of several months, if not a year.  Which is kind of along break when you're planning to kill God.

But it was quite a fun romp in the classic Supernatural tradition-- I loved Dean's plan to get himself and Jack out of the locked room-- and it added a few interesting tidbits to the show's mythology.  And then there was that one ominous moment that kind of slipped by when Mrs Butters seemed disturbed that Dean didn't see anything through the interdimensional telescope-- I guess Chuck has finished wiping out the Multiverse.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 09 October 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

(Obviously, this episode was produced LONG before Eddie Van Halen passed away, which was only days ago.  But it was nice to see the nod, even if it may not be intentional.)  
That was certainly a very strange coincidence.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:59 PM

Regarding Amara having to be killed, this was sort of established in the season 11 finale.  Because Chuck was dying, it created an imbalance and that caused the sun to darken.  The two are literally yin and yang.  Here, if we have to kill Chuck, Amara must also die or the imbalance will destroy everything.

And I don't think it took place in months.  Weeks, sure.  But when they start off with a Christmas, I think it was Mrs. Butters' way of trying to help the boys make up for lost times.  And doing several holidays in a row is likely what she thought would help.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 09 October 2020 - 09:01 PM.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 03:37 PM

Good points there.  You're probably right.  I wonder if Jack actually takes Chuck's place if Amara would still have to die-- or if they'll need somebody else, like Mama Winchester, to take her place.

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:36 PM

There's another possibility.

I keep thinking of a line by Death... how one day he'll reap god.

What if it's more the mantle of Death and not himself, since he's been gone for 5 years now?

I wonder if Billie has been training Jack to kill Chuck and Amara, only to end up reaped by Billie.  Either Jack doesn't know or he does and he is just keeping it to himself because he knows the boys will try to find another way.

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:35 AM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 09 October 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

And I don't think it took place in months.  Weeks, sure.  But when they start off with a Christmas, I think it was Mrs. Butters' way of trying to help the boys make up for lost times.  And doing several holidays in a row is likely what she thought would help.

Yep, she even said something about making up for lost time, and Sam asked "so that's why we're doing Christmas?"  So yeah, I think it was all the holidays in a few weeks.  And they seemed like they were in reverse order: Xmas, then thanksgiving, then Halloween, and the 4th of July, LOL! :lol:

And I don't see why Mrs. Butters can't come back at some point.  She still believes in what they do, and the fact that she is happy at home in her forest doesn't mean she can't pop in for an emergency now and then! :D

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:58 PM

Also, she's pretty powerful.  She could probably be useful in the Final Apocalyptic Battle-- especially if she brought along some of her Wood Nymph friends.

#12 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:28 AM

Perhaps a wood nymph brother named Mr. Breads...

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:56 PM

They'd both be good in a jam.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users