6 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 05:53 PM

Oops. I forgot Fear The Walking Dead is back, too.  Sorry, Morgan.  :blush:

"Mortally wounded, Morgan must decide whether to help a desperate stranger while a mysterious bounty hunter tries to finish what Ginny couldn't."

Something tells me that IMDB doesn't know what "mortally wounded" means.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:38 PM

Wholly cow Lenny looks like he aged 10-15 years since we saw him last year.  I hope it was only makeup. lol

I think you just did the same as G-Man.  The stranger was mortally wounded and Morgan had to help him. lol  Although, he sure did not want to.

I enjoyed this episode.  It really was sad but also heart warming. :)

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,877 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

^^^ Except, if someone is "mortally wounded," all one can do is offer comfort.  And if Morgan was being hunted, offering comfort to a dying stranger wouldn't factor high on the survival scale, unless it was to keep the other silent to allow the hunter to bypass him.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 14 October 2020 - 10:18 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:56 PM

I assumed that the "mortally wounded" referred to Morgan because he was left for dead at the end of last season.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:44 PM

Okay, that was an interesting episode, which I was enjoying up until the end.  It was sort of like the prologue to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but with a dark twist.  Morgan has survived his near-death experience (so near that the Zombies were accepting him as one of their own), but he has undergone yet another radical change of character. He has abandoned his stick and adopted the battleaxe and admittedly cool hat of the bounty hunter and is about to embark, apparently, on a crusade to take out Virginia and save his friends. I don't like this. I liked the old Morgan. Well, the most recent old Morgan.

This episode was notable for several cool sets and settings.  I loved the hideout in the water tower and I'm sorry it only lasted a few minutes.  Also, the panorama of the dam, with it's annoying Zombie horde was very nice.  But I especially liked the idea of the town that was drowned by the artificial lake being revealed when the dam broke. Very clever that this makes it invisible to Virginia because the lake would still be on any old maps.

None of the other main characters appeared in this episode, apparently because the first half of the season will take an anthology format, focusing on a single character per episode. So it might be a while before we see Morgan again.  Maybe then we'll learn who was heroic enough to save him, yet incompetent enough to leave him to die with a half-assed patch-up job.

#6 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:14 AM

I think the change in Morgan makes a lot of sense.

Near death experience, and this moment to save a new life.

Pretty clear it's time for a new mission to save the future and put an end to the Evil Ones (Virginia)

I am looking forward to Morgan taking the lead on kicking some ass and taking names  :insanosmile:

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

It makes sense-- I just don't like it.  I want my "I am Caine, I will help you" Morgan.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users