Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

SUPERNATURAL - S15, E15 - "GIMME SHELTER"...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:15 PM

Castiel and Jack work a case involving members of a local church. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean go off in search of Amara.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

Things are gonna be heating up now.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

A lot was going on here.

Dean lied right to Amara's face about how he'd never hurt her.  It occurs to me... could she already be aware of the ability to kill Chuck, and knowing she would have to die at the same time to keep the balance is the real reason why she wasn't going to do it?  But maybe she is tired of everything and is the real reason why she said she would think on it.

And her reasons for bringing Mary back... that was an intense conversation.  Dean is a person who never can let go of his anger.  It's understandable and relatable.

The Castiel and Jack story was interesting, and it illustrated just how dangerous religion can be.  And just how monstrous humans can get.  And the revelation at the end... it's the same plan Dean was going to do at the end of season 11 with Amara.

A solid episode, and it moved things along.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 16 October 2020 - 03:06 PM.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:46 PM

Things are starting to heat up now. Sam and Dean managed to track down Amara-- or did she track them down?  That power outage in Atlantic City seemed a little bit convenient, and she did appear to them before they hit heavy traffic.  And then, after offering token resistance, she agreed to think about aiding them in offing Chuck. Of course, the truth is that the boys plan to kill her, too-- and, even though Dean promised that he would never lie to her, how could she not know that?  She made a point of clarifying her and Chuck's origin, revealing that they are twins, and rubbing it in that they are vastly more than they appear.  Which once again raises the question of how they even have a chance against Chuck, and how can he not know what they are doing and thinking at every second?  I still think that there's a strong possibility that this is either a test or the Chuck and Amara in this storyline are phonies.

The interesting thing about this episode is that one of the plots was completely mainstream-- the villain of the piece was an entirely human serial killer.  But then there was that little twist at the end when the cop that took her away turned out to be the bored Crossroads Demon.  Was this just a humorous turn, or foreshadowing?  Will the psycho girl somehow figure into the Apocalyptic Battle?

And finally, Cass now knows that Jack will not survive the Final Battle, and so he is heading out to find another way. It seems a little late for that. But what exactly was he about to tell Dean?  Was he going to share Jack's confession, or is it something else?  Cass said that he's not going to watch Jack die again, so perhaps it's Cass who won't survive the conclusion.

View PostFarscapeOne, on 16 October 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

Dean lied right to Amara's face about how he'd never hurt her.  It occurs to me... could she already be aware of the ability to kill Chuck, and knowing she would have to die at the same time to keep the balance is the real reason why she wasn't going to do it?  But maybe she is tired of everything and is the real reason why she said she would think on it.  
Good thought. Or maybe she, like Castiel, is thinking of another way.  I wonder what would happen if she and Chuck merged again.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:40 PM

One small detail I loved... Rowena's reign of hell.  She put a stop to demon deals and keeping a policy of 'everyone goes where they are meant to'.  I like that idea, because there were plenty of people who did deals for good causes and are good people, only to end up in hell, corrupted, and becoming demons.

It's interesting to note that she is the exact opposite of Crowley with this, since he was the king of the crossroads deals... which was why he was powerful enough to become king of hell when Lucifer was put in the Cage.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:24 PM

I hope we get to see Rowena one more time-- and I hope she doesn't get overthrown by some powerful demon because she's not evil enough.

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:36 PM

I'd love to see her one last time, too.

I doubt she would be overthrown by a demon.  She is the most powerful witch seen, and having access to hell's power likely increased her abilities tenfold.

It would take something much more powerful than a demon to off her.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:23 PM

I wonder if she will take part in the battle with Chuck.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users