Hogwarts Legacy

Harry Potter Hogwarts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:49 PM

I am psyched for this game. An action RPG set in the Potter universe where you get to create your character, pick your House, master spells, and make moral choices that affect the story all while exploring Hogwarts and the surrounding environs? Sign me up.

The developers have also distanced themselves from JKR since she has attacked the transgender community and have said she has no input on the game.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:58 PM

Ah - you already mentioned the one thing making me somewhat leary of picking this us.  Putting more money in JKR's coffers these days is not something I'm super-eager to do.  But it does look like a fun game, and I feel for the devs who've probably been working on this since well before she got so "problematic".

So yeah, I'll probably pick it up, too.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:02 PM

View PostNiko, on 21 October 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Ah - you already mentioned the one thing making me somewhat leary of picking this us.  Putting more money in JKR's coffers these days is not something I'm super-eager to do.  But it does look like a fun game, and I feel for the devs who've probably been working on this since well before she got so "problematic".

So yeah, I'll probably pick it up, too.

I felt the same as you. However, JKR has probably already gotten paid for the game so my not buying it won't hurt her at all. It will hurt the devs more. Plus, while she has shown a surprisingly bigoted side of herself, her books and the Harry Potter franchise are all about tolerance, respect, and doing the right thing even when it is hard.

Also, I think it would be fun to join Slytherin and then be an absolutely moral, do-gooder type of character.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Harry Potter, Hogwarts

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users