• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:56 PM

"Al and Dwight go rogue on a recon mission for Ginny to follow a lead thought lost, but Al must choose between what she has now and what she's chasing."

What is this lead?  Idaho, Alaska.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:08 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 25 October 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

"Al and Dwight go rogue on a recon mission for Ginny to follow a lead thought lost, but Al must choose between what she has now and what she's chasing."

What is this lead?  Idaho, Alaska.  :D
I remember Dwight but, who's Al?  Is she the one the truck with all the armory used to belong too?

#3 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:23 AM

Yes, Al is the armored truck babe  :D

And more mysteries with helicopter babe which I am not sure if we ever have seen her.

Cannot recall the connection to Al

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:16 PM

Al met the helicopter babe last year when they were stuck on the mountain together or something. There was lots of tension, but it was love at first sight, apparently.  The helicopter babe ended up not killing her and Al lied to Morgan about meeting her.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:42 AM

odd double post

Edited by zarkon, 27 October 2020 - 11:44 AM.

#6 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:43 AM

Ahhhh the memory is soooo faded   LOL

Thanks for reminder.   That does seem like a lifetime ago when we watched that.   :insanosmile:

#7 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

Agreed.  There's way to much time between shows and I'm not just talking about this one.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Yes, it was pre-pandemic. That was another life.  :D

Well, that was interesting, although there were a few things I didn't understand. But I liked the sibling relationship that has evolved between Dwight and Al-- I basically like the character that Dwight has evolved into, or that circumstances have allowed him to return to.  It's nice to see a minor nemesis turn into such a nice character.

Al has gone a little bit nuts over this brief fling that she had, but who hasn't done something like that?  And I can easily imagine how the Zombie Apocalypse would exaggerate such tendencies.  And it was interesting that Isabelle seems to have instantly recognized her over the walkie and responded in kind.  I hope there's a good payoff to this somewhere down the line, and sooner rather than later.

And speaking of payoffs, Dwight finally found Sherry-- and seemingly completely out of left field, unless I missed something.  But who doesn't love a teary, slo-mo reunion, even if the music is pretty bad.  But would "Oh, Sherry," by Steve Perry have been better or worse?  In any case, what happens now?  Will Dwight want to go back to Virginia or run away with Sherry?  Perhaps he'll want Al to fake his death like he was going to fake hers.

The office building that survived for ten years was an interesting scenario-- so interesting that I wished that they had saved it for a spinoff instead of going with Millennial Dead.  The outbreak of Bubonic Plague made sense, because you'd expect that sort of thing to happen in the ZA.  The Boss Lady was an appealing character and I wonder if she'll show up again.

What I didn't understand, perhaps because I missed something, is why Isabelle was making repeated landings on that rooftop, and why there were supplies waiting for her there.  Is it a transfer point from different parts of Black Helicopter Land or something?  And why was the specific antibiotic that they discussed among the supplies (I mean, this is the 21st century-- any potent antibiotic, like Vibramycin or whatever would be effective against the plague).  I forget now if Al was suspicious about the outbreak before or after she found the medicine.

In other news, Morgan got a shave and a haircut-- I wonder if Daniel charged him two bits.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users