SUPERNATURAL - S15, E17 - "UNITY"...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:02 AM

Dean hits the road with Jack who needs to complete a final ritual in the quest to beat Chuck. A difference of opinion leaves Sam and Castiel behind looking for answers to questions of their own.

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:06 PM

I think this is the episode that features a surprise Old Testament guest star.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

Yes, it is.  Alessandro Juliani, best known as Lt. Felix Gaeta on BSG, plays him.  Which, on the surface, is a surprising choice.

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:26 PM

Okay, this episode hit us with some twists and turns.  This whole plan is really just Billie's power play to become God-- and do everything by the books. Not that Chuck isn't really the bad guy, since he has, after all, destroyed the multiverse and still wants to destroy the sole remaining universe. Even Amara couldn't talk him out of it, and he was finally able to sway her over to his side when she learned that Dean had lied to her.  But that merging thing didn't seem to go so well, looking more like Chuck absorbed her.  I wonder what Amara is thinking now that she's "in there somewhere."

The thing I don't understand is why Chuck needs to destroy everything now that he's bored with it. Why can't he just abandon it to the public domain and go start something new?  He's pretty possessive of something that he's "over."

Hippie Adam and his Hippie Angel girlfriend were a surprise. I've been wanting to see Adam turn up for quite a while, but this wasn't quite what I expected.  :lol: And the ultimate magical totem being one of his ribs cracked me up.  Yet, even though he got stabbed in the stomach, they did not resolve the question of whether he had a naval.

The best twist, of course, was that this was Chuck's intended ending all along-- yet one of the boys did not kill the other according to his script.  Doesn't this prove that they already have free will?  Unfortunately, the point is probably moot, as the Rick Springfield version of Lucifer might say, since Jack is about to turn into a supernatural Black Hole and suck everyone into oblivion.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Billie was doing that plan, yes, but it was because Chuck played her.  She definitely is a force to reckon with, but Chuck is still the final boss.

This was a great episode.

I loved the conversations the boys had.  Even I had to concede Dean was being a dick when he said Jack wasn't family.  That was cold and harsh, but I get where he was coming from.

I am glad Dean stopped Baby to have that talk with Jack.  That was a good scene.

But the tearjerker was Sam's last plea with Dean.  That was very, very well done.

And Chuck absorbed Amara... it definitely looks like he played her, too.  I'm really curious to see what happens now.

Only 3 episodes left...

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:26 PM

There has to be some consequence to Chuck absorbing Amara.  Perhaps a third entity will ultimately result from the merger.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users