• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

A deadly explosion in the oil fields sends June on a mission to save as many lives as possible. But, an investigation by Virginia threatens to undermine June's work.  

This week's featured ZA Hero is June. I hope she's not the one who gets buried next to Jasper's leg.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

And this week's focus was on June, with a little help from Luciana and Sarah-- but still no sign of Grace. We got a couple of surprise developments that I'm not sure will turn out as expected.

June is a doctor now, for all intents and purposes, working for Virginia but motivated by a desire to save people. That's not easy, given the conditions and her lack of training, and the old medical drama trope of the doc trying to resuscitate a dead patient took a grisly twist when the patient woke up hungry.  As if this wasn't bad enough, she had to deal with a massive disaster at the oil well-- which turned out to be sabotage.  Those graffiti artists mean business. It looks like our heroes will be stuck between a rock and a hard place, and maybe needing to choose the lesser of two evils.

In our first twisted turn, Virginia was actually bitten by a Zombie-- but will perhaps be the second known person saved from this fatal wound by amputation. Or will she?  They argued about it for quite a while before it was done, and I wonder if Virginia may start having to hide symptoms before too long.  But in the meantime, she is indebted to June and has agreed to give her a hospital-- thus cancelling her plan to run off with Dorie.

Which brings us to our seconds twisted turn-- Dorie has seemingly chosen escape from Virginia over June, heading down the road to his old cabin. Which sounds like a really bad plan to me if it's that close to Pioneer Central.  This was quite a surprise, but could very well be a red herring with Dorie returning to June next week, or whenever we see them again.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:26 AM

Yeah, I didn't get it at all.  They know what kind of person Ginny is and yet, she is given a pass.  Chances like that don't come around to often.  The group that were together before Ginny separated everyone were really happy with one another and cared deeply about each other.  June knew this and yet let Ginny live.  I'm sure that she could have gotten a hospital built without Ginny.  Now she has to contend with the fact that her decision not only broke up her marriage but also puts Johns life in danger from Ginny and her henchmen.

#4 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:11 AM

It's all about the need to keep a big-bad around to create drama on a weekly basis.

If this was only about our favorite characters moving around Zombie World and finding a new place to live, then things could get very boring.

DRAMA DRAMA  -----  the keys to success  :insanosmile:

#5 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,541 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostM.E., on 19 November 2020 - 04:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I didn't get it at all.  They know what kind of person Ginny is and yet, she is given a pass.  Chances like that don't come around to often.  The group that were together before Ginny separated everyone were really happy with one another and cared deeply about each other.  June knew this and yet let Ginny live.  I'm sure that she could have gotten a hospital built without Ginny.  Now she has to contend with the fact that her decision not only broke up her marriage but also puts Johns life in danger from Ginny and her henchmen.

I think though, what could be going thru June's head in those few seconds were different scenarios or options.

1. The group isn't together and with cutting the head of the snake off, you could only hope of killing the snake and not another one popping up before the group is saved.
2.  Ginny dies and the marshals might kill June simply for not saving her.
3.  Ginny knows now that she was beaten.  June could have killed her, but did save her.  There is obvious resentment by Ginny, but also the doubt has been cast in her survival.  Plus, now she needs June more than ever, so any reprisals would be severely limited.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#6 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,541 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:26 PM

As far as Dorie is concerned, I think this was an excuse to get him off the reservations and out to meet up with someone (probably Morgan and crew).
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#7 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

Y'all make very good points.  This is why I could never make a career out of being a review critic. :lol:

I get too emotionally involved at times.  It almost becomes personal. :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users