Star Trek fan production Pacific 201 EC Henry E.C. Henry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:07 PM

Finally, E.C. Henry has delivered Part 1 of his Star Trek fan production, Pacific 201, to Youtube.

Set about a generation after the Romulan War, the Pacific 201 (so named after the ship’s name and hull number) as the Earth (and Starfleet) resume exploring the Cosmos after a period of retrenchment.  Alas, while investigating an anomaly, things go wrong, and Star Fleet Intelligence wants an accounting that wasn’t covered in the submitted reports.

I am impressed by the production value devoted to the work, and I am liking the art direction, preferring it to what I saw of Star Trek:  Discovery.

With only 15 minutes to work with, the story has little time to breathe thus leaving the plot a might breathless as it rushes from one development to the next.  The dialog and acting feel a mite stiff, and there’s little characterization to speak of, but I am still interested in what happens next.

Part 2 is promised to be released sometime in December.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 21 November 2020 - 10:33 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:57 PM

I'll take a look.  I thought CBS banned multi-parters as part of their crackdown.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,914 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:40 AM

Nope.  CBS' runtime constraints are that any fan production episode shouldn't exceed 15 minutes, and stories cannot exceed 2 parts.  Meaning that any story that fans wish to produce shall not be longer than around 30 minutes.  Therefore, fans can't even produce a story that would fill out an TV episode of Star Trek.

No doubt these restrictions were decided in response to Axanar which was producing something that, quality wise, challenged anything that CBS or Paramount was producing, AND was getting a far more favorable response from the fans.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 21 November 2020 - 10:45 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:05 PM

Ah, they get to do two-parters.  That's good. You can do a good story in thirty minutes.  There used to be a lot of half-hour adventure shows on TV.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Trek, fan production, Pacific 201, EC Henry, E.C. Henry

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users