20 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:43 PM

http://vote2003.ss.ca.gov/

It doesn't start for about two hours, but if you're interested... keep an eye out. I'm not sure if the link will stay up, but it's worth a shot. :cool:.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 jon3831

jon3831

Iolanthe's evil conservative twin

• Islander
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

I know what I'm gonna be doing tonight...

Probably filling the swear jar as I click "Reload" in my browser.

Question, though?  Is EI gonna be providing running commentary? ;) ;)
"The issue is not war and peace, rather, how best to   preserve our freedom."
                    --General Russell E. Dougherty, USAF

WWCELeMD?

#3 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I think we ought to have a "California Election Thread"-- We Report, You Decide! thread

Then we can get sued and gain notoriety over the media, all while being described as "unstable and deranged" in a legal brief.

That would rule. :cool:.

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#4 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:06 PM

I just saw a live report on MSNBC from Davis Central.

They look... lifeless. Defeated. They're going to lose, and they know it. It's almost depressing.

#5 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:08 PM

jon3831, on Oct 8 2003, 12:57 AM, said:

Question, though?  Is EI gonna be providing running commentary? ;) ;)
Isn't that your job? ;)  I'm well past office hours here. :D
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#6 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:09 PM

Rov: Can you blame them? I mean...

Arnold...

for Governor...

of California State.

Frankly, five years ago (or even a year ago), I would have thought it the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

Now I can't help but weep. ;)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#7 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:10 PM

Josh-- Heh. You think you're upset? I'm glad Arnold is going to win just so to see the NY Times and LA Times fret over how much power the common man has in California. Good times.

#8 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:11 PM

^

Even if the common men are insane? :p I mean... SOMEONE had to cast votes for him. :o

#9 jon3831

jon3831

Iolanthe's evil conservative twin

• Islander
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:11 PM

Would we get the annoying little splash thing on the bottom right corner of the screen? 'Cause that would rule, too.

And ooh! Oooh!

We can be pundits, spouting misinformed and illogical assumptions while all the while assuming it's correct!

Like:

"The recall is not going to plan, and I don't see how we can be in Baghdad inside of 6 mont..." err... umm...

Nevermind. ;) ;) ;)
"The issue is not war and peace, rather, how best to   preserve our freedom."
                    --General Russell E. Dougherty, USAF

WWCELeMD?

#10 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

I think for my sanity that I'm just going to assume that most people are either very stupid or very uninformed. It makes me feel better when I go to sleep at night. ;)

Mmmm... assumptions...

#11 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:13 PM

Josh, on Oct 7 2003, 06:11 PM, said:

^

Even if the common men are insane? :p I mean... SOMEONE had to cast votes for him. :o
Heh. I'm sure there are some people voting for Arnold simply because he's a movie star.

But as it's shaking out now, Arnold is looking to have about 40% of the vote. It's simply impossible to explain with insanity or slowness of any sort.

This is doubly true since Arnold isn't getting any of the votes that traditionally automatically go the ®; the Californian die-hard Republicans (all three of them) are far more likely to vote McClintock.

Bottom line? Arnold did a great job, and convinced people on the basis of policy, not personality.

#12 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:13 PM

ROFL Jon!

We should have our news network. ;).

#13 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:14 PM

^

You already do. It's called late-night Breacher chat. ;)

#14 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:15 PM

Josh, on Oct 7 2003, 06:14 PM, said:

^

You already do. It's called late-night Breacher chat. ;)
:lol:

#15 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:57 PM

I just loaded the live vote monitor (it doesn't start doing anything for another hour though)

Anyway, it's scrolling... I was looking at the questions, and I assume it's the same as the ones on the ballot...

"Shall Gray Davis be Recalled (Removed) From Office?"

If we have to explain what a recall is after all these months of coverage, let's just close the republic now and sign it over to Mexico... :eek: :eek2:

#16 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:03 PM

They changed my polling place.  I drove around my own neighborhood after work.  I almost gave up but didn't.  I voted ;)  :angel:!

And ROFL at Rov! :D

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 07 October 2003 - 09:04 PM.

#17 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:07 PM

Well at the risk of being labeled a humorless wet blanket....;)

While I appreciate that you non Californians must find this all terribly amusing there are some of us (myself included) that feel that this may be the blackest day in the State's history.

so if you guys could just...keep in mind that there are some of us who are feeling this way...

Muchly appreciated...

Lil
Posted Image

#18 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:08 PM

(((((Lil)))))

Sorry about that.  :blink: :(

#19 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:11 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Oct 7 2003, 08:43 PM, said:

It doesn't start for about two hours, but if you're interested... keep an eye out.
Finally, something more boring than Voyager to watch!

Oh, boy, vote-counting!

I wonder if they hired that guy who stared through the hanging chads in Florida.

Or possibly the Iraqi Information Minister. He needs a new gig.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#20 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:33 PM

I'm finding this MOST cool. Thanks Rov, for the link. :)

Lil, I'm sorry you are so discouraged over all this. I don't view this as the blackest day in the history of this state. I view this as a positive day in the history of CA. It's a day when THE PEOPLE were allowed to exercise their civil rights and go the polls and vote. That's really what this state (and any state in this union) should be about -- THE PEOPLE (and yeah, I like that Arnie borrowed my line ;) ).

Regardless of the outcome, WE THE PEOPLE will have had our say.

Now - on a slighty off-topic note, and I think this is okay, because it has to do with the web site Rov has linked to in his first post. ;)

I was shocked when the site loaded. There is something VERY OBVIOUS missing from the pages. Perhaps not to others, but since hubby has been a state employee for 30+ years, we had the inside scoop on something.

Back when greybaby was first elected, he ordered that ALL STATE web pages had to include his photo. Every last page. Even if it was page 20 of something for some agency - EVERY page had to include his photo. IIRC, his rationale was that "HE" was CA, and his picture should be prominently displayed for all to see. :barf:  

Well ... take a good look folks -- there is NO pic of greybaby on this site. None, nada, zip, zilch.

Just an interesting tidbit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California, Recall Election, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users