1 reply to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:39 PM

http://sfgate.com/cg...1103EDT0554.DTL

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who scaled to the top of California politics, could now get a mountain named after him in the former Soviet republic of Georgia.

But there's a catch: To receive the honor, the governor-elect must visit the country, a representative of President Eduard Shevardnadze said Friday.

You know, between this and the "Arnold for president!" comments in Iraq, I'm forced to wonder if Arnold's future holds some sort of "ambassador at large" role; somebody to go into countries where he has a huge fanbase and advocate US interests. He certainly has the platitudes down pat.

Stranger things have happened.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 tennyson

tennyson
  • Islander
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, it even has precsedent, look at Shirely Temple Black's role with the UN and Angelina Jolie's turn as UN goodwill ambassador, if other actors can serve in that capacity on the international stage then why not Arnold?
"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."

— Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark" Babylon-5

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users