GiGi, on Oct 16 2003, 02:16 PM, said:
I understand Rhea, but the husband is only allowing certain doctors to see her. I don't know if she has been adequately diagnosed.
The husband also won the suit with the understanding he would take care of her the rest of her life. He has been pushing for the rest of her live to end as soon as possible.
Some thing is wrong.
PS did you look at the videos on the family's site? I am not a expert, so maybe you could look to see if it is just a reflex.
PPS Her husband has also stopped anyone from taking more videos of her...for her "privacy" If she is a vegetable what does that matter. What is he hiding?
PPSS then there are those weird things that happen when he visits her, like her blood sugar falling off the chart!!!
Let me see if I can separate this out:
1) Her husband is probably a jerk. However, even her family admit that he wasn't involved with his "fiancee" until 6 years after his wife was injured. If he had half a brain and no interest in her money, he'd just divorce her.
2) The doctors are probably right. And I, for one, would not want to be maintained for 13 years in a largely if not completely unresponsive state. However, maybe this poor woman's family genuinely believes it would be a blessing for her continue to be trapped in a useless body in a vegetative state indefinitely. Personally, that would be my idea of hell.
3) I can't tell who's right from looking at the clips and neither could anyone else who hasn't seen her in person. Her husband and her doctors could be entirely correct about her medical condition and it wouldn't make her husband any less of a jerk. It also wouldn't make her parents any more correct.
4) There's no way to tell how much cognition she has from the movies on her parents' site.
5) I don't see how his visits could possibly trigger low blood sugar. Period. that's ludicrous. Were that true, a diabetic would be in huge trouble every time he or she gets emotional.
Do I know who's right? Nope. Only the Divine knows in this case.
Edited by Rhea, 16 October 2003 - 06:19 PM.