Details in this thread

Political Fund Raising 101

Politicians Wesley Clark 2003

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest-2112st-Guest

Guest-2112st-Guest

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:47 AM

Here's what one friend had to say about a Clark fund raiser-it's taken from his BBS. I talked about how, in my local neighborhood, streets are suddenly getting paved-and my opinion is that it's because it's an election year here.   :lol:  :sarcasm:

Here's my friend's response.

Saul
-------------------------------

Never mind that -- the one thing I'm learning about Politics, now that I've attended a campaign meeting for Clark is that it's all about money -- and I mean EVERYTHING, every aspect, boils down to cash.

Ever wonder how some of these unqualified people get into their positions of power? They buy their way in -- not with their money, but with other people's money.

For example: You get involved in the election of a particular person for a particular position. Everything is about fundraising. Want to actually meet with the candidate that's running? Contribute $1000, with the promise to raise $10,000 more.

Want to be seen near the candidate when he gets his publicity shots or when the press is nearby? Raise $100,000 through various fundraising events.

Want to become Ambassador to Switzerland? (That question really came up at the meeting I was at -- one lady asked how much she would have to raise for an actual political position). So, yes, you can buy your way to the top if you're good at getting your hands in other people's pockets.

So, there's more going on than meets the eye. Streets geting repaved? Tip of the iceberg. Probably has nothing to do with the guy running directly, instead, it's a favor for a favor for someone trying to brown-nose for the guy who's running.

With 120 people in a small conference room last week, you'd be surprised how many "invisible" people are out there doing the dirty work for every election.

It's a real eye-opener.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politicians, Wesley Clark, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users