7 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:57 AM

This just isn't even right...

http://aolsvc.news.a...016212309990025
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 10:03 AM

I saw this on the news the other night. :( :(

This is horrible.

It wasn't in the article, but apparently the pilot of the ferry went home after the accident and tried to committ suicide.

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#3 Lady of Mystery

Lady of Mystery
  • Islander
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:39 AM

For some reason due to most likely computer ignorance  :blush: I was unable to get into the link you posted.

But I did want to ask a question.  Have the authorities stated just WHY the ferry HIT those pillars?  Was it an error on the pilot's part?  Did he black out for a brief moment?

I can't imagine the 'horror' that met those passengers.  And I also heard that one had not been found, (presumably dead).

I pray for the families of those who were killed.  And also for those who were on board who will most likely have 'nightmares' for a long time to come.

#4 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:44 AM

I don't think there's been an official report yet, but one theory was that the pilot hadn't taken enough of his medication and blacked out, causing the crash.

--Te
"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V, making an first impression

"Dude . . . that was cool." -- My first impression of V

#5 Lady of Mystery

Lady of Mystery
  • Islander
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 12:18 PM

Gaiate, on Oct 17 2003, 11:44 AM, said:

I don't think there's been an official report yet, but one theory was that the pilot hadn't taken enough of his medication and blacked out, causing the crash.

--Te
Thanks Te.

That is so sad.  The people on the Ferry put their trust in the Ferry AND the pilot.  And now, many have died for that trust.

And the pilot (who IF it was a medical problem) will always feel guilty, always feel at fault, always feel he Killed all those people because he didn't adhere to his medication.

And those who lost loved ones, will always feel that the pilot IF again it was a medical problem either should have been thinking of those he was ferrying by making sure his medication was taken appropriately, OR that those who HIRE the pilots shouldn't have hired him with a need for a specific medication that might either cause blackouts if not taken, OR could IF taken.

This is just plain sad.  And no one escapes without 'fear' or 'guilt' or 'anger'.

I still pray for all those involved.  What a horrid event.

#6 Guest-2112st-Guest

Guest-2112st-Guest

Posted 17 October 2003 - 12:21 PM

I already started a thread on this-not too far down below.

I swear-that part of New York has seen WAY, WAY, WAAAAAAAAAY too much death.  :(   :(  :(

#7 Lady of Mystery

Lady of Mystery
  • Islander
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 12:22 PM

VT that is sooo true.

#8 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 12:28 PM

Vapor Trails, on Oct 17 2003, 11:21 AM, said:

I already started a thread on this-not too far down below.
Right here, in fact.

It's a very sad event, all right. :(
Per aspera ad astra

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New York, NYC, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users