• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:09 PM

Oswald acted alone: ABC News

ABC News has conducted an exhaustive investigation of the Kennedy assassination, complete with a computer-generated reconstruction, which irrefutably confirms that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, the network said today.

A two-hour special on the event is scheduled to air Nov. 20, two days before the 40th anniversary of president John F. Kennedy's killing.

"It leaves no room for doubt," said Tom Yellin, executive producer of the special, narrated by Peter Jennings. He called the results of ABC's study "enormously powerful. It's irrefutable."

*snip*

ABC News worked with an expert who created a computer-generated reconstruction of the shooting based on maps, blueprints, physical measurements, more than 500 photographs, films and autopsy reports, ABC said.

It enables a person to view the scene from any number of perspectives, including what Oswald saw from the sixth floor of the former Texas schoolbook depository, Yellin said.

"When you do that, it's chillingly clear what happened," Yellin said.

Nothing like re-opening another of history's wounds, eh?

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:16 PM

I don't think we'll ever know the truth, but I do find it hard to believe that the "facts" are what we've lead to believe over the years. :unsure:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:41 PM

ABC News has conducted an exhaustive investigation of the Kennedy assassination, complete with a computer-generated reconstruction, which irrefutably confirms that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, the network said today.

"Can bees think? A new study confirms that... no, they can't."
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#4 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:11 AM

Javert Rovinski, on Oct 27 2003, 11:41 PM, said:

LOL!

I blame Oliver Stone for the fact that this is even an issue for people anymore, outside of conspiracy nutball circles. Though perhaps this isn't the right place to get into my feelings about JFK (in brief: I think it's a reprehensible propaganda piece that panders to and feeds some of the worst aspects of the national consciousness).

--
Dev F

#5 Ilphi

Ilphi
  • Islander
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 05:04 AM

Why do we need to know who shot JFK? Everyone knows that JFK assasinated *himself* to drive the conspiracy nuts crazy...  :angel:
Yea, ere my hot youth pass, I speak to my people and say:
Ye shall be foolish as I; ye shall scatter, not save;
Ye shall venture your all, lest ye lose what is more than all;
Ye shall call for a miracle, taking Christ at His word.
And for this I will answer, O people, answer here and hereafter,
The Fool - Padraic Pearse

#6 CJ AEGIS

CJ AEGIS

Warship Guru!

• Islander
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:04 AM

Ilphi, on Oct 28 2003, 10:04 AM, said:

Why do we need to know who shot JFK? Everyone knows that JFK assasinated *himself* to drive the conspiracy nuts crazy...  :angel:
Nah I tell you the Russians did it!! ;)  With help from James Bond… :ninja:
"History has proven too often and too recently that the nation which relaxes its defenses invites attack."
        -Fleet Admiral Nimitz
"Their sailors say they should have flight pay and sub pay both -- they're in the air half the time, under the water the other half""
        - Ernie Pyle: Aboard a DE

#7 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:24 AM

^ You're wrong CJ!

It was Elvis!  ELVIS!

And the lochness monster planned the entire thing ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#8 Nureek

Nureek

Nureek of Squrlookal out of Hanunga by Rotut

• Islander
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:44 PM

Damnit Ilphi!!!!  That was my line! :lol:

#9 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:46 PM

I didn't do it!!

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#10 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:48 PM

Jid, on Oct 28 2003, 02:24 PM, said:

Hey ..the loch ness monster is real  :alien:

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#11 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 03:49 PM

To steal a joke I heard in Neil Gaiman's "American Gods":

How can we be sure the CIA wasn't involved in Kennedy's assasination?
He's Dead.

;)

-Nick

#12 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:32 PM

Raeven, on Oct 28 2003, 12:48 PM, said:

Jid, on Oct 28 2003, 02:24 PM, said:

Hey ..the loch ness monster is real  :alien:
Yeah... and he planned the entire thing!

Or are you an Elvis Denier ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#13 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:47 PM

And the myth continues, and so few care.

History channel had a computer expert run the numbers. The guy had testified in over 200 cases. He said no less then three shoters, and none of the shots came from the school book building. The secrect service failed completely, to use their Standed operational procedures, or there wouldn't have even been an open window on all of Daliy Plaza, or anywhere else along the route. You can watch the Zapruder film, and see JFK's head pop backwards, and pieces of his head go out the back. Jackie climbs out onto the hood to grab a piece of his skull before agents pull her back into the car. And people still believe this Osward story. The man never fired a shot. He probably didn't even shoot the cop.
Can't Touch This!!

#14 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:48 PM

Dev F, on Oct 28 2003, 06:11 AM, said:

Javert Rovinski, on Oct 27 2003, 11:41 PM, said:

LOL!

I blame Oliver Stone for the fact that this is even an issue for people anymore, outside of conspiracy nutball circles. Though perhaps this isn't the right place to get into my feelings about JFK (in brief: I think it's a reprehensible propaganda piece that panders to and feeds some of the worst aspects of the national consciousness).

--
Dev F
JFK is a seriously flawed movie (especially the unconscionable portrayal of nutball Garrison as a saintly hero), but interestingly, it seems that one of the big slams against Oliver Stone-- his assertion that Kennedy was planning to withdraw from Vietnam-- turns out to be not such a fantasy after all.  

http://www.bostonrev.../galbraith.html

Zack
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#15 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:06 PM

We *do* have software available now that can reconstruct events in a way that wasn't possible in years past. I'd love to see them re-analyze the ALL the forensic evidence (well, outside of exhuming the poor President, that is).
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#16 Uncle Sid

Uncle Sid

Highly impressionable

• Islander
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:18 PM

*yawn*

At this point, who cares?  If there was a gigantic conspiracy to do something that was associated with JFK's death, it's already gone off long ago.  Hoover's dead and revealed as a crossdresser, the Communists are discredited and out of power except in NK and Cuba, Vietnam's not much more than an overused buzzword right now.  I assume that this junk is going to keep coming up until the last of the Baby Boomers die off, but at this point, there is no point.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

#17 the Pill

the Pill

I really need to come here more often.

• Islander
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:34 PM

Ilphi, on Oct 28 2003, 05:04 AM, said:

Why do we need to know who shot JFK? Everyone knows that JFK assasinated *himself* to drive the conspiracy nuts crazy...  :angel:
I loved that episode of Red Dwarf.

-the Pill

#18 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:42 PM

Uncle Sid, on Oct 28 2003, 08:18 PM, said:

*yawn*

At this point, who cares?  If there was a gigantic conspiracy to do something that was associated with JFK's death, it's already gone off long ago.  Hoover's dead and revealed as a crossdresser, the Communists are discredited and out of power except in NK and Cuba, Vietnam's not much more than an overused buzzword right now.  I assume that this junk is going to keep coming up until the last of the Baby Boomers die off, but at this point, there is no point.
A President was murdered. I would think it would be in our countries best interest to know the truth about the thing, as far as possible, even at this late date.
Can't Touch This!!

#19 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:06 PM

Ok ok ok, i confess!
i did it! now can we please move on?!?!  :ninja:

#20 Lady of Mystery

Lady of Mystery
  • Islander
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:23 PM

You know, whether Oswald acted alone, or whether it was a conspiracy I don't know but there is something that has always puzzled me.

WHY did the secret service agent who was driving the car Kennedy and Connolly were in not speed off after the "first" gunshot??  Why?  :blink:

(Yes, I read that they had been 'partying' the night before but still, they should have KNOWN what a gunshot sounded like and sped off immediately!)

Just my opinion of course

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JFK, Assassination, Lee Harvey Oswald, History-American

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users