Public Health 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:26 PM

I watched Dateline last night, and their segment "Dirty Dining" literally turned my stomach.

Here's the link: http://msnbc.com/news/992692.asp

Next time I get a craving for McDonald's fries, I'll have to think twice.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 TravelerOfTheWays

TravelerOfTheWays

Botherbotherbother

• Islander
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I saw that too.  Yum.  Makes me glad I've virtually given up McD type-fast food... and makes me feel  :wacko: about eating at Subway so often in my life.  I thought it was funny that Burger King got the worst rating--more fuel for the McD vs. Burger King debate!
"The corollary, of course, is that a Western man who treats women like they're, you know, people has an absurdly easy time of things. It's like a sexy lady liquidation event. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED."

~Rov

#3 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 06:24 PM

Sounds like alot of sensationalism to get readers. I spent 15 years working in fastfood restaurants and everyone was cleaner than most home kitchens I've been in. Violations can be almost anything. There are more rules and guidelines than you can shake a stick at,and rightly so. As a matter of fact if most homes had to pass the same inspection most of us would have to eat out. ;)

Personally, I always watch what goes on in a restaurant before I order. The problems I do see are more employees (and problably managers)that just don't care any more. Why is it that when I managed we paid a min wage of around $3.00 and people worked hard for it. Now they get almost $7.00 (in Oregon) and they grumble and complain about the work and do almost nothing? I don't expect an answer, it just crosses my mind everytime I see lazy crew and Mgmt.

So, watch before you order. :)

LoP (Who prefers a good steakhouse)

#4 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 06:27 PM

:blink:

Thats just gross. I generally stay away from the fast food anyway, but still. :x

mystic
If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#5 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 06:39 PM

:eek2:  :eek2: I refused to watch. I still remember the old Kentucky Fried Mouse fiasco.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Public Health, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users