15 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:21 PM

http://story.news.ya...ed_photographer

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police believe they have caught a man known as the "naked photographer," who is accused of sneaking up on women while wearing little more than a baseball cap and photographing their shocked expressions.

Officers arrested a naked man late Wednesday night in an alley behind a supermarket near where a woman reported being confronted. The man was not identified immediately.

The woman said she was getting out of her car at an apartment complex on the city's northwest side when she was approached by a naked man. She said he snapped her picture and ran away without touching her.

It was the 39th incident in which a naked man ambushed women and snapped photos. Police believe he keeps the pictures as souvenirs.

And here's the local story on it. :wacko:

http://www.nbc4colum...235/detail.html

The man who police believe is the naked photographer was arrested Thursday for the second time in 12 hours, NewsChannel 4 reported.

Stephen Linnen, 33, posted bond Thursday morning and walked out of jail onto Route 104 only to be arrested again when Gahanna officials filed their own charges against him, NewsChannel 4's Beth Dal Ponte reported. 

Linnen was arrested Wednesday night and charged with public indecency and assault. Gahanna police charged Linnen Thursday with one count of gross sexual imposition and one count of abduction.

Police requested that the media not show Linnen's photo because they are still using it in lineups for identification purposes.

:eek2:  :crazy:  :wacko:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:39 PM

Sounds like he misunderstood the concept of "nude photography".  :blink:

Rhys
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#3 Kevin Street

Kevin Street
  • Islander
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:40 PM

I'll never understand what gets some guys going. :unsure:
Per aspera ad astra

#4 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:46 PM

What gets me is that, this must NOT be able to feel the weather at all, there was a slight frost on my windshield this morning, so I'm sure he's got several screws loose. :wacko:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

This is entirely too rife with joke and pun opportunities. Every little detail about this guy (He's a lawyer. He works for the State Legislature. He lives in By-the-power-of Greystone Apartments) ... well, let's just say I'll withdraw before I say something that gets me in trouble.

I do have one question:

From the local coverage: The Ohio House of Representatives issued the following statement on Linnen's arrest: "In accordance with long standing House policy, Mr. Linnen has been placed on paid leave pending the outcome of the criminal investigation by the Franklin County Prosecutor's Office."

The Ohio House of Representatives has a longstanding policy on naked photography?

#6 No Name

No Name

Will fold, spindle, and definitely mutilate

• Islander
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:59 PM

DWF, on Nov 20 2003, 04:46 PM, said:

What gets me is that, this must NOT be able to feel the weather at all, there was a slight frost on my windshield this morning, so I'm sure he's got several screws loose. :wacko:
I guess he was running around with 4 rosy cheeks!  :lol:

#7 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:15 PM

Orpheus, on Nov 20 2003, 06:53 PM, said:

I do have one question:

From the local coverage: The Ohio House of Representatives issued the following statement on Linnen's arrest: "In accordance with long standing House policy, Mr. Linnen has been placed on paid leave pending the outcome of the criminal investigation by the Franklin County Prosecutor's Office."

The Ohio House of Representatives has a longstanding policy on naked photography?
I think it's the Tom Moody policy, named after the Mayor who was caught, "inspecting the city" late one night, it's rather simular to the Sgt. Schultz rule of thumb.

"I see nothing, I hear nothing, I KNOW nothing."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though, there's still alot of things outstanding, so to speak, like the lineup. Although I have to wonder if the lineup will naked, otherwise I don't know how he could be recognized. :lol:

And I think I should back out of this post, while I'm behind. :devil:  :angel:

#8 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:27 PM

Orpheus, on Nov 20 2003, 07:53 PM, said:

This is entirely too rife with joke and pun opportunities. Every little detail about this guy (He's a lawyer. He works for the State Legislature. He lives in By-the-power-of Greystone Apartments) ... well, let's just say I'll withdraw before I say something that gets me in trouble.

I do have one question:

If Ohio government history is anything like ours, they are used to crime.
Can't Touch This!!

#9 Smitty

Smitty

"If I knew what was going on I'd really be indignant.&q

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:45 AM

Let's not forget James Traficant and his :wtf: hair.

-cs™

#10 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 01:09 AM

Got in an elevator with a flasher once (I didn't know he was one at the time until he "opened up" to me)...I simply laughed at him and he got off at the next stop very embarrassed.  That's my method for handling idiots like that.
The ditz FKA TrancesHuggyPillow

#11 ElJay

ElJay

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:39 AM

Ladies, practice this phrase:

"Oh look, a miniature!  I *love* miniatures!"   :D  :angel:
US VETERAN AND PROUD OF IT!

Chivalry is a matter of both deeds and words.

#12 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:57 AM

^
Tee-hee! :wideeyed:

*writes that down for possible future reference*
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#13 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:02 PM

This guy obviously has some issues...My question, though, is what "assault" charge? I can understand the indecent exposure charge...but how in the world can approaching women naked be considered assault?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#14 Smitty

Smitty

"If I knew what was going on I'd really be indignant.&q

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:21 PM

Hmm, this could go under the heading of assault and battery.
If a guy has a knife and he threayens you with it that is classified as assault, but if he then stabs you with that knife it becomes assault and battery.

I could be wrong though, don't take it as gospel.  :angel:

-cs™

#15 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:48 PM

LORD of the SWORD, on Nov 21 2003, 12:02 PM, said:

This guy obviously has some issues...My question, though, is what "assault" charge? I can understand the indecent exposure charge...but how in the world can approaching women naked be considered assault?
There was a bit of a struggle with the last woman, and it's possible that's where that charge came from. But from the way she described the fight, she was the one doing most of the action.

In any event, I found it strange that, the news showed him walking down the street as a free man, with his face fractaled to disguise him. :glare:

#16 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 11:55 AM

Gahanna police Detective John Fox said evidence points to an incident in which two teenage girls were approached by the naked photographer.

"The naked photographer jumped out of a concealed position, took their pictures and sexually assaulted one of the young girls," Fox said.

While this seems to be a break from his general MO, making wonder what exactly constituted the "sexual assault" (i.e.  is exposing oneself to a minor enough to qualify or was there a physical assaulty as well)  I'd certainly say that "sexual assault" sounds like adequate grounds to prosecute!

BTW, the reports didn't show his face at the request of the police, who plan to do police line-ups with other possible victims. It wasn't out of respect for his privacy. If anything, I wasn't too thrilled with the 'depiction' lower down the page. I hope it was simply the police's computer generated "sketch artist" composite, because a court wouldn't see that as tainting subsequent identifications. Those are printed in the media all the time, to assist investigations and possibly enhance public safety.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ohio, Naked Photographer, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users