New York naked photographer 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yama

Yama
  • Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:27 PM

I don't know why but for some reason DWF's post "Ohio 'Naked Photographer' Suspect Nabbed, The naked truth" reminded me of the true story about the New York photographer who would photograph couples having sex in public places.  I mean, he would see a couple on the street, a couple he had never met before, and ask them if they would have sex right there so he could photograph them.

The really interesting thing is it got to the point where he would see a man and woman -- as in, strangers; as in, not a couple; as in, the man and woman had never seen each other before -- and ask them to have sex in public.  So many people said "yes" that he published a book of his photographs.  This was in the very early 1980's, if not even the '70's.

Again, I don't know why I am thinking about this but DWF's thread reminded me of him.
Straight, conservative, capitalist and pro-life African-American Christian.  Any Questions?

#2 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 01:11 AM

Ok, that's interesting.

What kinda loser are you to have sex in public with someone you never even met simply cuz some bozo with a camera asked you to do it?
The ditz FKA TrancesHuggyPillow

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:15 AM

Not to get too technical, but I believe the answer to that is "a horny loser".

#4 Yama

Yama
  • Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:29 AM

TrancesHuggyPillow, on Nov 21 2003, 06:11 AM, said:

Ok, that's interesting.

What kinda loser are you to have sex in public with someone you never even met simply cuz some bozo with a camera asked you to do it?
I absolutely agree with you.  Which is what made the story so interesting to me; I mean, aside from the obvious purient interest, of course.

More even than simply a guy asking a couple he had never even seen before to have sex in public so he could photograph them; he would ask strangers who he had never even seen each other before to have sex in public so he could photograph them.  And he got a lot of people to do it.  Or at least enough so that he could put together a book.

Note that the photographs weren't hardcore but were just of obviouely naked people obviously "coupling".  And no, I do not have -- and never had -- a copy of his book.

I just thought it was a fascinating commentary of the times.  As far as I know, the photographer, or any of his subjects, were never arrested.  In the days before AIDS (and herpes) was sex so free and open and nonchalant?

Edited by Yama, 21 November 2003 - 10:31 AM.

Straight, conservative, capitalist and pro-life African-American Christian.  Any Questions?

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:48 AM

I think the whole having sex with a stranger and in public too, is still going on in Engoland.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New York, naked photographer, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users