#1 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

yup,

I did it

after growing it long a few years back, making it blue, then white, then purple. After cutting it short again, and wearing it in a variety of styles, I decided to go whole hog and just delete the hair of my head

20 minutes and a razor and i'm now bald as Lex Luthor. :cool:

it feels odd

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#2 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:51 AM

I never know what to think when people cut their hair this short! It is always so drastic to me!   But I wish you well with the hair cut, Gode.  It might feel very well to have it so short and easy to take care of.
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#3 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:53 AM

shambalayogi, on Aug 19 2005, 04:51 PM, said:

I never know what to think when people cut their hair this short! It is always so drastic to me!   But I wish you well with the hair cut, Gode.  It might feel very well to have it so short and easy to take care of.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No kidding

No more shampoos for me :D

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#4 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

^ Just a quick polish every now and again :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#5 schoolpsycho

schoolpsycho
  • Islander
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:19 AM

Hey Gode...

I need my locks...feel weak without 'em. :o

I'll take the shampoo if you don't mind... :lol:

sp

Edited by schoolpsycho, 19 August 2005 - 11:20 AM.

Love is hard...and all there is.

#6 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:56 AM

I figure, why shave it off, when nature and genetics will get the job done eventually? ;)
cervisiam tene rem specta

#7 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Jid, on Aug 19 2005, 05:56 PM, said:

I figure, why shave it off, when nature and genetics will get the job done eventually? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always did want to do things before I was supposed to. You should have seen me as a kid on the night before my birthday

Defy Gravity!

#8 Smiley

Smiley

harumph

• Islander
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:12 PM

An excellent choice!
There must have been a solar flare or something because I cut all mine off last week. Sure is comfy.
Friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to kill you.
See Ya Space Cowboy

#9 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

Smiley, on Aug 19 2005, 08:12 PM, said:

An excellent choice!
There must have been a solar flare or something because I cut all mine off last week. Sure is comfy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can't get used to rubbing my head without hair. I'm sure I will sooner or later though :)

Defy Gravity!

#10 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:09 PM

I... uhhh... hmmm... ummm...  :blink:

Words escape me.  :hehe:

Well, you guys cut your's off and I'll keep growing mine until I can sit on it once again. ;)

I am sure you look great, Gode. :)
You, too, Smiley. :)
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#11 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,702 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

Shave and moisturize often. Use good sunscreen, even if (like me) you've never had a sunburn, even after long summer days hiking the Alps without protection (a single day of high alps exposure can disfigure an unprepared person for many months).

You know that weird baby's-butt softness? Treasure/protect it. Many women will find it unbelievably sensual. So much that it will surprise even them. Verba sapienti sat sufficit.

#12 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:40 AM

Orpheus, on Aug 19 2005, 10:33 PM, said:

You know that weird baby's-butt softness? Treasure/protect it. Many women will find it unbelievably sensual. So much that it will surprise even them. Verba sapienti sat sufficit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That does it big guy,
You are so going to get it!

Posted Image

Be prepared Gode, for lots of spit and polish.

Edit, I felt the need to turned the twisted attachment into a link.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 20 August 2005 - 01:52 AM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#13 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

Godeskian, on Aug 19 2005, 10:43 AM, said:

yup,

I did it

after growing it long a few years back, making it blue, then white, then purple. After cutting it short again, and wearing it in a variety of styles, I decided to go whole hog and just delete the hair of my head

20 minutes and a razor and i'm now bald as Lex Luthor. :cool:

it feels odd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But but, how will Laura remember you now with out purple hair? :hehe: ;)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:22 AM

hmm, good question. I'll figure something out :PAnd yeah Orph, i'm currently shaving once and moisturising two or three times a day.

I hadn't considered the sunblock thing, but thanks, i shall go aquire some sunblock, and use caps in the interrim

Defy Gravity!

#15 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,702 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:37 AM

Oh, and how's that weird "double sensation" treating you? I don't know how else to describe the now-separate tactile sensations from the sensors in/below your follicles (which once sensed hair motion) and the ones near the surface of the scalp (protected by lush locks since you were a baby.)

Experiment with that while you can. It doesn't last.

- Orph, who has been known to take 'sensual' a bit too literally

#16 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

You might also get some Turtle Wax.  :D
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#17 Delvo

Delvo
  • Islander
  • 9,273 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

Godeskian, on Aug 20 2005, 03:22 AM, said:

i'm currently shaving once and moisturising two or three times a day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's definately far too much work!... especially the part about the fem-goop!

#18 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:53 AM

Godeskian, on Aug 20 2005, 03:22 AM, said:

hmm, good question. I'll figure something out :PAnd yeah Orph, i'm currently shaving once and moisturising two or three times a day.

I hadn't considered the sunblock thing, but thanks, i shall go aquire some sunblock, and use caps in the interrim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gareth has been shaving his head for years :) He doesn't use sunblock on his head - he always wears a cap ... which also shades his face. It works for him. And he really likes how easy the style is to keep up.

Aoltho it was pretty funny when the niece came to visit and saw preshave photos... "Uncle had hair???" she asked me... Guess he has been shavin it a while!

Enjoy your new style! :)

'shana

#19 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

hehe, actually, aside from my parents no one has seen it yet, as i've been holed up in my apparement clearning for the entire weekend.

Should be fun when I walk into work tomorrow :devil:

Defy Gravity!

#20 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:16 AM

My son in law doesn't quite shave bald, he leaves a little fuzz but he loves it since it's so easy to take care of.

Bet you look good, Gode, going to show us a pic? :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users