#1 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

Quintessa ship layout:

http://www.pryce.100...Upper_Level.jpg

http://www.pryce.100...Lower_level.jpg

A smoking bar filled with nefarious looking men and whorish looking women. In the back corner a card game ensues. A particularly well dressed man, with black hair and a well-trimmed moustache sits with cards in his hand ready to deal the next round.

Dealer: Tall card is lemon.

He begins to deal the cards out and as he does so we see two men on one side of the table have won an immense amount of cash whereas the other men at the table should take the small earnings they have left and be leaving. They stay though and all five of them have there eyes on the two men.

One of the men with the large sum of cash puts his cards down on the table, showing the rest what he has. He grins like an idiot. The man is in his late 30's and looks like he has been in his share of fights.

All the men at the table look at his cards and look at him. One speaks up.

Man: Your a gorram cheat! No one gets that hand 11 times in a row!

Hawkins: Cheat? Me? Why sir I wouldn't even know how to cheat. But I'll tell you fellas what, why don't I take what winnings I have and be on my way.

The men at the table don't seem to happy with that idea. The dealer stands to get away from the action he knows is about to take place. He pushes his chairs back and puts his hands on the table to stand. As he does so card slips from his sleeve and onto the table. Everyone goes silent and for a moment they all just stare at the dealer, he gives a faint, nervous laugh.

Hawkins jumps up and slams the dealer, Shel, back into his chair so hard he falls backwards. The men now have their attention locked with Hawkins. The other man at the table sitting next to Hawkins speaks up.

Carrier: Ah, hell.

Together the two flip the table forcing the men to jump back. As the bar fight starts Shel finally recovers from his shock and start scrambling around picking up the money that got tossed about.

Hawkins: (Just punching a man out) Delacroix your ass best be picking up that money!

Shel: All over, lets go!

Shel heads for the door, Hawkins behind him. Carrier is facing off against one last man. The man picks up a bottle and holds it up as a weapon. Carrier smirks at him and punches through the bottle, shattering it and slamming the guys face, knocking him to the ground.

Outside they jump onto their horses and take off. Hawkins pulls out a small communicator box which he yells into.

Hawkins: BRYN!

Bryn was sound asleep in the pilots chair of the ship until the captain's voice suddenly shook him awake. Startled he presses a few random buttons.

Bryn: (Hal asleep) We ain't crashing!

Hawkins: (into comm) I know we ain't crashing cause you haven't taken off yet. Get Tessa nice and prepped, we'll be there in a minute.

Bryn: She'll be ready for ya.

Suddenly a bullet whizzes past them. They look back to see a gang of five men or so.

Carrier: More good news...

Carrier and Hawkins take out their pistols and return random fire. They're so far out of range that the idea of someone getting shot is near impossible.

Shel yells out in pain. Hawkins turns to see. Shel is grabbing his right arm. Hawkins rides up along side him.

Hawkins: Let me see!

Shel: Hurts like hell!

Hawkins: Move your gorram hand so I can see!

Shel reluctantly does so and Hawkins gets a good look.

Hawkins: Graze, quit whining. (Takes out comm) Tell Doc Shel may be on death's door here, could go at any time!

Shel shoots Hawkins a glance and Hawkins just grins. Hawkins turns back to return more fire and see that there are only three following now. He gives a puzzled look.

Hawkins: Where the others get to?

Carrier: Took care of 'em sir.

Hawkins turns back around and gives a "huh", mostly to himself. They see the ship. They stop their horses just out side. Carrier jumps off and reloads his gun to give them a bit of cover fire. Hawkins helps Shel down from his horse and they head inside. Carrier jumps up on the ramp and hits the button to close the doors. The ship takes off with the last three men wasting their bullets on the hull.

(Inside the ship, main bay.) The doctor, Tobias, comes out of the infirmary.

Tobias: What'd we got?

Hawkins: Ah, Delacroix got himself a scratch. Sew 'em up good, don't want him bleeding bout the place. And Carrier get that money from Delacroix, put with the rest.

Hawkins makes his way up the stairs to head to the cockpit and out of know where comes a very out of place little girl.

Lylia: I demand to know what is going on here!

Hawkins gets quite angry, quite quickly.

Hawkins: You're what?

Suddenly realizing what she has said, and to whom she has said it to she speaks a bit sheepishly.

Lylia: Demanding?

Hawkins: Outta my way, got things need tending.

He literally shoves her aside with one hand leaving her standing alone and a bit angry.

Hawkins makes it to the top level of the ship and before heading into the cockpit drops in the engine room.

Hawkins: How she running?

Aidan: Better than the day she was made sir.

Hawkins: What I like to hear!

Hawkins walks out of the room leaving Aidan to tinker on whatever it was he was tinkering on. He heads on in to the cockpit. Where Bryn and Sabrina are. Bryn takes notice of him entering just as ship breaks atmo.

Bryn: Where to?

Hawkins: Whitefall. Fore I punched his nose in, man said two local gangs been shootin each other for weeks now. Both sides lookin to hire guns.

Sabrina: Sounds like a plan sir, but what about the others who ain't got a mind for fightin?

Hawkins: Town close enough, plenty of business to be had there. Yeats, assemble the crew in the mess hall.

(Moments later in the mess hall. Hawkins sits at the head of the table and the rest of his crew; Jason, Sabrinia, Tobias, Adi, Shel, Leyna, Azrani, Lia, Aidan are seated as well)

Adi: Where we headed cap'n?

Hawkins: Whitefall. Be hiring on with some folk in need of some guns. Me, Carrier and Yeats are going for sure, anyone else who wants to pick up arms and earn a bit a cash is welcome. If not, there's a town about a mile from where we'll be at, plenty of folk to swindle there and plenty of people to whore out to. So, any volunteers?

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 11 October 2005 - 06:45 PM.

#2 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

(... Wait a minute. Why is it in script format? And... why are you playing all the characters? *Confused*)

Edited by GCross2432, 08 October 2005 - 01:58 PM.

#3 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

(OOC....My assumption, GCross, was that we could use any style we liked. I always RP in a more literature-like style, and I play many characters at once....I don't do the script format, but it works...)

Edited by Fragsta, 08 October 2005 - 05:49 PM.

#4 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

Jason took the end of the table and laid out the absorbing cloth to keep the gun oil from soaking onto the table and set about cleaning his pistol. "Whitefall. The old lady still holding out against hiring security. That or the Nien Mohn and their hiring do not want to get that far out."

Carrier thought as he cleaned his pistol before folks started to congragate for a meal. Gun oil did have a odor to it that might make a few folks less than pleased. Not like he space of his own, but it was what he had signed up for. After cleaning up Jason headed down to help with his other duties.

#5 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

Fragsta, on Oct 8 2005, 11:40 AM, said:

(OOC....My assumption, GCross, was that we could use any style we liked. I always RP in a more literature-like style, and I play many characters at once....I don't do the script format, but it works...)
[OOC: You are very much correct. I just used the script style as it works for me, but everyone is welcome to do it however they want. I may even change and do more of a descriptive style myself. I just really wanted to get the first post up so we could start already and script is faster most times. I find anyways. I "played" a few characters because I needed to set things up and the like, as GM I have the ability to do that. It won't be a habit, it was just to get the ball rolling]

#6 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

(*Nods* Gracias, Quinn and the rest.)

Leyna raised her delicately arched eyebrows. "As much as I appreciate the consideration of being allowed into this meeting, Captain Hawkins, I hardly see what this has to do with me. You all know my profession has nothing to do with your work."

Edited by GCross2432, 08 October 2005 - 01:58 PM.

#7 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

Hawkins shoots her a glance.

"Well, that may be so, but your on this boat and thought you should know we might be on this rock a while. As I said, there'll be plenty a men folk hangin round the town mile out who I'm sure are in need of some sexin up"

#8 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Leyna glared at him. "Very funny, Bruce," she snapped as she stood, then smoothed her face over. "If you'll all excuse me, I do have a client soon that I need to prepare for." And she strode out of the room, head held high and skirts swishing about her ankles.

Edited by GCross2432, 08 October 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#9 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

Carrier headed down to the cargo bay and started on his choir of sweeping the hold.  It was menial work but it allowed him something to do with his time and let him feel a little be useful. "Well if that little restruant was still there on Whitefall the crew coiuld get a bit to eat off ship." he thought as he moved the broom.

"I could do with getting towards the border so we might get a bit of fresh food to fill the freezer with." Jason thought. Synth food could get tastelss after a while no matter how much spice was thrown in with it.

#10 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

Leyna lifted her skirts slightly as she stormed up the stairs to her room- regretting not for the first time it's close proximity to the captain's- and threw open her clothing trunk, looking for something suitable for her client.

"Gorram him," she muttered to herself, finally pulling out a silky blue-and-green ensemble that brought out the similar colors in her eyes.

Edited by GCross2432, 10 October 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#11 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

The room was silent as Leyna left. Hawkins breaks it with an agitated voice and a finger pointed in the direction she took off.

"Tah mah duh hwoon dahn! How many times am I going to tell that woman not to call me Bruce?"

#12 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

"Ai ya!" exclaimed Aidan, "Peice of crap!" The engine blew right at that very moment and send a power surge through the entire ship. I hate when this happens, thought Aidan. Suddenly there was silence and a few lights flickered. He heard lots of annoyed groans from throughout the rest of the Quintessa, and angry shouts of "Aidan!"

Edited by Fragsta, 08 October 2005 - 05:49 PM.

#13 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:56 PM

Jason heard the Companion walk overhead and the shuting of the shuttle's door was not all that quiet."Yeah sounds like things are going smoothly" he thought as he stopped to scrap up a stubborn bit of trash.  He put the knife away and went back to sweeping.

Then the lights flickered and Jason grabbed for a hand hold in case the gravity went. "Da Shiong La Se La Ch'wohn Tian"( Explosive diarreha of an elephant) What in the hell happened!" Carrier shouted out but hoping to get those words to Aidan's ears with the force he felt would get the problemsolved quickly.

Edited by G1223, 08 October 2005 - 03:09 PM.

#14 GCross2432

GCross2432

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

Seeing the power flicker, Leyna's eyes narrowed and, finishing pulling on her outfit threw open her door. Looking around, she bellowed in a surprisingly loud voice for someone so delicate-seeming, "AIDAN!"

(Okay, work time now. I won't be back for like, 6 hours, but I'll check in when I do get back. Ta!)

#15 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hawkins looks over at Aidan at the table in the mess hall.

"What do I pay you for?"

"My good looks?"

"Get to the engine room, see to the trouble."

#16 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

(OOC: Well fielded there, it's exactly what the character would say :) )

Aidan jumped out of his seat and ran quickly to the engine room. The lightbulbs had completely blown, and the only lights were from the hall which led to the engine room. No fire, but there had been, and the engine had let off some black smoke. Aidan pulled up his tool box, took out a torch and had a look at where the smoke had been coming from. "Ahhh..." he said, loudly.

"What is it?" a voice through the intercom asked.

"No idea..." replied Aidan, "I suggest you all find something to keep yourself busy, this could take a bit of trial and error."

"Don't break my ship."

"I won't, I won't..." murmered Aidan.

Sig patrol.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 09 October 2005 - 09:22 AM.

#17 Quinn Merrick

Quinn Merrick
  • Islander
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

{OOC: I'm pretty good with getting a read on people's characters. Glad you liked it.}

"Yeats, check with Bryn make sure we're still on course"

She gets up from the table and heads to the cockpit. Hawkins looks at those still at the table. Tobias, Adi, Shel, Azrani, and Lia.

"Well. You've all got the means to carry a gun though ya tend not to. Might be best the rest you stick to the town or the ship this run. I don't fancy getting more than a few of you dead. Though we could use the room..."

Edited by Quinn Merrick, 08 October 2005 - 03:27 PM.

#18 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:34 PM

Jason set the broom down and headed back towards engineering. While he had great deal more expertise in making a ship like this blow up he at least knew what the tools were and could pass them or hold them so Aidan might have some help.

"Where you need an extra hand." he said to the engineer as he came in.

#19 Fragsta

Fragsta

The grandmaster of doom!

• Islander
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

Aidan was in a difficult position, lying underneath the engine holding a peice of machinery in one hand and a wrench in the other. "Well I doubt you'd understand the techno mumbo-jumbo," Aidan said, condescendingly. "Actually, could you hold this wrench a second while I fit this part back in?" He held his hand open for Jason to take the wrench, and he felt the weight being lifted from his palm.

"Any idea what it is, then?"

"Yeah, this stabilizer I'm holding in my hand fell off - it was loose from the last time I was playing around with it. Didn't help when the engine was turned on. An unstable stabilizer ain't stabilizin' nothin' if you don't get it stabilized. The engine just got...well, unstable, as it increased in output. Pretty simple stuff."

Sig patrol

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 09 October 2005 - 09:23 AM.

#20 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

"Well make sure you watch for the feedback going to the powercells." Jason said as he had used a simular trick to disable an Alliance Transport during the war. He waited for the next set of instructions.

"Well latest update the Captain and the Companion are getting ornery with one another" Carrier said to make small talk.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users