• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:57 AM

Joseph Franklin Simmons was born by C-section at 2:59 this Christmas morning. He weighs in at 3.6 pounds and is 16" long.

Our SIL called us about 9:30 last night saying they were back in the hospital because Jen started spotting again. He told us they might have to go ahead and do a C-section and that he would let us know. About 2 am the phone rang again, they were about to take her in to do the operation so we got up, got dressed and went to the hospital. Both mother and baby are doing fine. The reason she had been spotting was because the placenta was beginning to seperate so after she started having contractions they went ahead and took the baby.

They did put a tube down his throat to give him some stuff for his lungs since they hadn't yet developed it himself but the dr. said it was only precautionary, that he was kicking and vigorous and she didn't see any problems yet. They will keep him until he's gained some more weight, not sure yet how long they'll keep Jen but we'll be going back to the hospital before we head to church later on, it's only 5 am now and Ricky wanted to try to get some more sleep, me, I'm awake and too excited to sleep. I still have to call my parents but I'm waiting until they wake up, they're in NM, an hour behind me and with mom's health the way it is and everything is looking good I didn't see any sense in waking them up.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone :D

#2 D'Monix

D'Monix
  • Islander
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:18 AM

much prayer and <3 for you and yours chatty.

D'

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:30 AM

Thank you, D', they're going to need it :)

#4 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

Well I hope all goes well and congrats on the birth.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

Congrats! and what great timing the perfect Christmas gift. Posted Image
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:54 AM

Thank you, G and DWF. You just can't tell these little tykes when to be born ;)

We'll be heading back over to the hospital in about an hour to see them again before church, there haven't been any more phone calls so I'm assuming no news is good news :D

#7 The Oncoming Storm

The Oncoming Storm

Water's wet; sky's blue; and Satan Clause is out there.

• Islander
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:20 AM

Congrats, Chattie and Merry Christmas.

ETA:  I hope all goes well with the little one.  Here's prayers for both mother and child.  (I was hustled off the comp to find batteries for our digital camera.)

Edited by Lost Cause, 25 December 2005 - 09:27 AM.

Rose: [disgusted] Oh, look at what the cat dragged in: "The Oncoming Storm."

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." -- John Wayne

Sometimes the best causes worth fighting for are lost causes. -- Me.

Formerly Known as "Lost Cause."

#8 eloisel

eloisel

Non-sequitur

• Islander
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:03 AM

What a wonderful gift!  Merry Christmas, Chatterbox.

#9 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:26 AM

What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas!

My best to your new grandson, his mom and dad, and to the grandparents who will be spoiling him rotten. :D

#10 QuiGon John

QuiGon John

Gone

• Islander
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:40 AM

My congratulations and best wishes to you and your family. :)

#11 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:12 PM

:hugs:  Congrats Chatty!  Good luck and well wishes
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#12 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

Congrats!

What a way to celebrate Christmas...  !!

All the best!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( CB )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

#13 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:45 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!

What a wonderful Christmas present. I am glad to hear that everything is going fine so far and will keep him and you all in my thoughts!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#14 JchaosRS

JchaosRS

Ordered Chaos

• Islander
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

Wow, congrats Granny!!!
Will be eternally Rommie's Slave
Jays Music Videos | Jeremy Farnum | LexaFans

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:13 PM

^That's Meemaw, RS ;)

Thank you, everybody. So far everything is going very well for the Joseph and Jen, he's off the ventilator and under an oxygen tent. Jen hasn't had any pain yet and is in really good spirits. There were lots of hugs and well-wishes at church from everyone. We warned Jen that she might be having visitors later on.

The doctor said that of all the variables that could have happened the very best happened with this baby. All they have to do now is get him to take a bottle, but they aren't too worried that he isn't yet and can always insert a feeding tube if necessary but we're hoping he'll go ahead and start taking the bottle instead.

When they let us go into the nursery to see him it was just so unbelievable, he's so tiny and his skin is so thin you were almost afraid to touch him. He grabbed Ricky's finger and Ricky took one look at his long fingers and said "Look, another guitar player." :lol:

He has all his fingers and toes in the right place so we're just praying everything keeps going well for him.

And here's a pic, he was still on the ventilator at this time:

Attached Images

• Joseph.jpg

#16 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

Congratulations and Merry Christmas Meemaw!!!! :hugs:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#17 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:20 PM

Congrats and best wishes for the little one! :D

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#18 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Thank you, all, he's doing much better, they've already cut his oxygen back from 35% to 28%. They'll have to feed him with IV for now then switch to a tube before they try to give him a bottle.

From what the nurse has been telling us he's beaten all kinds of odds for babies like him so we're just thanking God that He's had His hand on him and pray He continues to do so.

Jen just wants to eat some food but they won't let her have anything but ice or water or juices until sometime tomorrow.

She is in some pain now, something to be expected with the C-section, but I think she and her stubbornness will be just fine.

I have some better pictures of him and will post them when I can, they show how much better he's already looking, he's not so red anymore, he has more of a normal skin tone now.

#19 Atavus

Atavus

Buying more stuff on eBay

• Islander
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

YAY! :) He's so cute. :) And don't worry, he'll be fine. :) Back when I was born 21 years ago, I was a C-Section and 8 weeks early, I got through it ok. :) A friend of mine was 8 weeks early as well, but a twin, so even smaller and less developed and today he's an architect, so also all is well. Nowadays they can do wonders.

Joseph will do just fine and soon'll be doing even more guitar playing. :D Congratulations grandma. :D

Edited by Atavus, 25 December 2005 - 09:03 PM.

Avid fan of "Everybody Loves Hypno-Toad" and Sophie

3000 posts and counting! :) - 18 October 05

#20 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,745 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

Thank you, Atavus :)

My cousin was born at 6 months and she's just fine today too. Unfortunately she had a son born at 6 months along too and he has CP. Beautiful boy but he can't do anything for himself. Sometimes we're lucky and sometimes we aren't.

I have a couple of more pics that are much better and you can see how little he is. This is Gregg's mom with him, don't have any of me with him yet, maybe when I can get in there with Gregg he can get some of me.

Attached Images

• othergrandmanbaby.jpg
  • eyesopen.JPG

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users