• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1330 replies to this topic

#1 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:18 AM

Spring is in the air, sweetly scented with grass, herbs, and the flowers blooming riotously in the Inns gardens. The sky is the true robins egg blue. A perfect day for a picnic in the park...

Our intrepid Band of Heroes have gathered at what has become the home for many of them, the near daily haunt for the others...

They have all survived the latest adventures, though Lucas is still weak from the injuries inflicted by would be assassins. He was saved by the efforts of the newest Guardian, Euthanos Mage and Physician Jono,  and blood from his distant ancestoress Tuatha,

The beleagured Security Department of Island has solved a series of violent murders, as in his last assault the murderer met his end. J.E. Winton,or Jen, new Chief of Security, Jono's long estranged daughter, can now relax.

Shayna Ave ambassador, is looking forward to a visit to the Zoological Gardens, and learning more about these newcomers to Island.

Spring is also the time of new love, Alecks and Carlotta Shaman and Werewolfess and Silver and Rudi, rare white weretigeress and werewolf, have declared their love for each other.

Nick who is proving himself more and more a worthy leader, and Lynea have become closer as well.

Silverwind the oldest ghost on the planet has suddenly found herself in a new and potentially powerful body, that of an Adept. Shai has offered to train her. Shai to is in a joyous mood. She has waited nine thousand years...but most of all...

Michiko and Vaughn have an anouncement to make to their friends...

#2 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:19 AM

A Vaughn and Michiko Announcement :wub:

Michiko thanked Jono for agreeing to give her away, and smiled brilliantly once again as Vaughn swept into the Inn. She was at his side in an instant, taking his hand and pulling him into the center of the main room.  She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned so that all their friends and family could hear them.  "Shai, every one I am rather preempting the picnic."  

Vaughn grinned, and gave Michiko's hand an extra squeeze. "Come, come Michiko-Chan. Don't you mean 'we' are pre-empting it?"

She smiled up at him,  "Yes, Love it is truly 'We'...Every one...Vaughn and I are getting married this afternoon, at the Pavilion in the Park...after the picnic, at about three thirty"

"We were going to do it this morning, but we wanted to go all out. Give this Island an event to remember, so nobody will forget it. And so our friends may share this moment with us."

"Shai, will you stand as my mother, for you are most truly my mother.  Jono has done me the honor of giving me away." She slipped an arm around Vaughn’s waist as she waited for Shai's reply.

"And I know that I've become truly known to you only recently. But you people are my friends. And Lucas? I would like for you to be my Best Man. You've been a friend to Michiko for some time, and I've come to respect you. I would be honored if you undertook that title." Vaughn smiled as he awaited Lucas' response as well.

#3 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:49 AM

At Michiko and Vaughn's announcement, Shayna smiles softly.  They looked so happy and glowing together--so in love.  Shayna senses much love in the air.  Rudy and Silver, Carlotta and Alecks, and now the newest happy couple.

Sighing, Shayna scratches Cyrus under the chin until he closes his eyes and purrs.

"I guess it's just you and me, little one.  I'm sure my family would prefer I was home and mating with one of the males as well.  I always thought that wasn't for me; but now I'm not so sure.  They all look so happy, don't they?--they have someone.  They are not alone."

Watching the others react to Michiko and Vaughn's announement, the Ave feels apart from the long time friends.  Back home she is part of the community; here, an outsider still.  With Cyrus walking in front of her, his tail held high, Shayna slips quietly out to the garden.  She perches on a rock near the open doors in order to hear what is going on inside with her sharp hearing.

"I think it's time we begin our time of learning, to fulfill our task.  Our first report is due shortly, but I have lost track of the days since we arrived."

Cyrus stares up at his mistress intently. "I sometimes think you understand what I am saying, what others are saying.  What are you really, my little one?"

Shayna laughs as Cyrus zips off around the rock she is perched on, her long wings hanging down behind her, and chases butterflies on this beautiful spring morning.

Yes, first the picnic, then the zoo.  She must begin learning and experiencing, even if it means leaving the safety of the Inn behind.

#4 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:11 AM

Joint post Alecks & Michiko...Silbings can be so trying...

Michiko stepped away from Vaughn, going directly over to where Alecks sat with Carlotta.  "Alecks, you are like a brother to me...Would you be my Man of Honour?  There is no one else I'd rather have"

Alecks looked up at Michiko smiling, opened his mouth to speak, then suddenly his face went flat as a flicker of something crossed his eyes.  "You didn't..."

Michiko frowned slightly, bewildered "Didn't what?"

Alecks eye's darted to the window, sunlight streaming in across the table, giving a worried look to Carlotta.  Lighting fast, he seized Michiko and pulled her close, almost paternally, but fierce, as if handling a dangerous adder.  He brushed the hair back from her neck, exposing the two fang wounds.  "He....fed" he said, his upper lip twitching, nearly a snarl at the second word.

"And  yet.... what kind of magick is this that the nosferatu walk in daylight?" he whispered hoarsely.

Michiko jerked back as Alecks grabbed her, but in his anger he was stronger than she.  "Yes Alecks we are Bonded!  What of it?" She managed to pull away and glared up at him  "He's not a vampire anymore. Something happened when he went through that machine..majick thing..what ever...in the caves"

Alecks stood up and walked to the door of the inn, a small hand motion beckoning her to follow.  He wanted to make no greater a scene in front of the 'normal' patrons.

Michiko waved Vaughn back, and followed Alecks out into the courtyard. She hoped that Vaughn would trust her and not interfere. Once they were in the warmth of the morning sun, she stopped and looked at Alecks warily

Alecks stood motionless for a moment, then rushed forward, and placed both hands on either side of her head, staring deep into her eyes, boring deep.  The pupils in his grey eyes shrank, till all that was left was a pool of mercury in a sea of white.  He searched.

Michiko stood still and let him look, search through her, hideing nothing.  Includeing the truth about what she was, who her true father was. Alecks was her brother, one of the few people she trusted completely.

His unseeing eyes took in all.  The more he saw, the softer his stern countenace became, the looser his grip.  His pupils returned as he pulled her into a fierce hug, tears welling at his eyes.  "Don't you ever scare me like that again.  You hear me?"

She hugged him back equally tight. "Oh Alecks, brother of my heart, truly I did not mean to scare you."  She rested her head against his chest for a long moment, then looked up at him smiling  "I think you have something to tell me, too. I saw the looks between you and Carlotta"

"She and I are one," he said simply, smiling.

Michiko's eyes lit up even more  "That is wonderful Alecks. I am happy for both of you.  Oh this day just gets better and better!...So, is the Shaman going to be my Man of Honour?"

"I think the honour will be more mine than yours," he said, leading her back to the Inn.  "Come, breakfast."

"Extra bacon, this morning?" She teased as they went up the steps arm and arm

"Well, I do have to share.  Join us for breakfast?"

"We'd love to" She gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to get Vaughn

Alecks sat down next to Carlotta and kissed her on the cheek.  "Sorry about that - siblings can be trying at times."

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:42 AM

One of the Inn's staff appears outside in the garden carrying an armful of books about Island, Landing, and the zoo from the library.  Shayna had requested them when he asked if she needed anything.  She opens a book and begins to read, keeping an ear tuned to the activities inside the Inn.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 10 May 2003 - 07:44 AM.

#6 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:05 PM

Lynea slid out of bed, being careful not to wake the still-sleeping Nick. She reached into the wardrobe and dressed herself in dark grey trousers and a pale blue shirt. Almost silently she went downstairs and waved cheerfully at everyone in the main room. She prepared two breakfasts and carried them back to her room, laying them down on the table. "Wakey wakey!" She called to Nick. "Breakfast's ready." She said, taking a seat at the table.

#7 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:12 PM

Silver and Rudy arrived at the Inn just in time to hear Michiko's announcement. Looks like love was in the air all around. She saw Michiko leave with an upset-looking Alecks. Taking Rudy by the hand, they went over to Carlotta's table where someone had already laid their breakfast.

"Hi, Carlotta." Silver said shyly, "May we sit down?"

#8 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:58 PM

Nick had awoken when Lynea had slipped from the bed. He was a light sleeper, a trait developed from years of training, and later on, from an inability to sleep well for more than a short period due to the nightmares of his past that had constantly plagued him.

Last night, however, he had slept surprisingly well. The nightmares had not come. It was almost an odd feeling ot him not to have woken abruptly, his mind awhirl in painful emotions reflected also in his racing heartbeat, cold sweats and adrenaline-fuelled nervousness. In fact, the calm in which he found himself awakening this morning almost left him wondering if her weren't still sleeping....

Lynea returned, bearing trays of food, and calling for him to wake. He propped himself up on an elbow.

"I am awake, actually......though I appreciate letting me sleep in..." He said, noting the time. "Not a luxury I've gotten very often...." He tossed off the covers, grabbed a pair of pajama bottoms and slipped them on, then padded over to the table. "So what's on the menu?" He asked, looking at the assortment of delicacies, then turning to Lynea and leaning down to kiss and nuzzle her graceful neck, while his hands did some wanderings of their own....

#9 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:37 AM

Tuatha had gone downstairs and ordered herself some food - rice, veggies, a little chicken, bread, and most of the other things on the menu that didn't have seafood - and proceeded to wolf them down.  She was starting to get full on her third plate of food when she heard the anouncement of marriage.  She paused briefly, looked up at the girl, squinted for a few seconds, shrugged and went back to eating.
"I thought she looked different" she mumbled to herself.  Honestly, sunlight or no, she didn't trust the vampire, but this was not her decision nor her place to say anything about it.  And if she were going to guess, they were bonded already anyway.
Noticeing Shayna leave, Tuatha picks up her remaining food and walks outside to join her.

"Hey there Shayna!  Feeling a little out of place in there too?"

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 02:54 AM

Looking up at the voice, Shanya smiles suddenly.

"Yes.  Actually, I am feeling a bit out of place, as you say," The Ave admits bluntly as Tuatha sits down on another rock in the garden.

Remembering her first night at the Inn listening to Tuatha's beautiful flute and speaking with her, Shayna confides in her.

"There is much....love and friendship in the Inn right now.  I am quite pleased at having met everyone and have already shared much with them; however, I do not feel as if I belong yet."

A small smile crosses the Ave's face. "However, there is the picnic today.  And I will be visiting the zoo for the first time.  Shai assures me it is a beautiful place.  I will begin my observations of the city there.  You will be at the picnic, Tuatha?"

The orange kitten decides at that moment to leap into Tuatha's lap and puts his paws on her chest to rub his head under the woman's chin.  He narrowly misses her plate of food.

"I do believe Cyrus likes you.  I am glad.  I do, as well."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 11 May 2003 - 02:55 AM.

#11 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:52 AM

"I'll probably be going" Tuatha replied "it sounds interesting and I'm fairly new on this planet, though I won't know many of the people going.  Good way to get to know them, and they seem like a group that wouldn't mind"
Tuatha fished her pocket again.  She didn't quite remember how many of the stones she gave Jono, but she still had a few left.
"Here" she said, giving the Ave one of the remaining cats-eye "This stone was given to me by a creature known as Basest.  I doubt you've heard of her?  She once was considered a god back on earth...anyway, the stone will magically help you keep in contact with the others here, in case you find yourself in trouble.
"And as for feeling like you belong, it's a great thing when you find a place where you really, truly feel like you belong.  It's been a good, oh I'd say 300 or so years since I've had a place like that.  But the Inn seems like it might be the next place I can belong again."

#12 Gaiate

Gaiate

Spirit Blade

• Islander
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 01:22 PM

As Lucas listened to Michiko's and Vaughn's announcement, his jaw dropped.  Had he been any more stunned, his eyes might have actually bugged out of his head.

And then they did.

"And Lucas? I would like for you to be my Best Man. You've been a friend to Michiko for some time, and I've come to respect you. I would be honored if you undertook that title."

Emotions flooded through him faster than he could identify them.  Anger.  Joy.  Sadness?  Distrust.  Pride.

Not a little overwhelmed, Lucas had to put a hand on a nearby wall to steady himself.  He sat down in a chair, and took a few breaths.  He then stood shakily, and beckoned Vaughn into an ajoining room.

When he followed him, Lucas closed the door, then swung around and clocked Vaughn on the jaw, taking him by surprise, and knocking him to the ground.  The movement had caused Lucas quite a bit of pain, and he reflexively grabbed his side.

"I've said it before, and I mean it ten times more this time," Lucas said, breathlessly, "Break her heart, and I'll be mounting your head on my wall.  That said . . ."

Lucas extended a hand to Vaughn, a slight grin on his face.

"I'd be honored."

--Te

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:07 PM

Lynea smiled impishly as she set out the breakfast and Nick told her he was already awake. "I thought you might appreciate me letting you sleep a bit. Maybe I should have gotten out of bed a little more carefully." She joked as he began kissing her neck. She leaned her head against his shoulder comfortably. "You looking forward to the picnic?" Lynea asked.

#14 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:59 PM

Carlotta grinned...Michiko and Vaughn made a perfect couple, she could understand Alecks initial reluctance to their union, but unlikely pairings seemed to be the 'in' thing around here.

Hi, Carlotta." Silver said shyly, "May we sit down?"

Carlotta glanced up and her grin grew wider

"Silver...Rudy...of course. You're looking well Silver, positively glowing, and as for you Rudy.."

She winked

"Falling in love with a beautiful were-tiger...not exactly in keeping with pack law is it?"

Rudy's hand trembled slightly, Carlotta was his Alpha, if she didn't approve of his choice of mate she could ban him from seing Silver or worse....eject him from the pack

"Perhaps not Lottie...but I love Silver and I want to be with her, and besides"

He looked over at Alecks who was making his way back to the table

"Falling in love with a Shaman....now that is definitely against the rules!"

Carlotta threw back her head and laughed

"Well I guess it's time we re-wrote those rules Rudy"

She took hold of Rudy and Silvers hands and clasped them firmly together

"I give your union my blessing....I am very happy for you both"

Rudy breathed deeply and smiled

"Thank you Lottie, you don't know how much that means to me....and I am happy for you and Alecks too"

Carlotta smiled as Alecks sat down next to her

"Sorry about that - siblings can be trying at times."

She glanced at Rudy then turned back to Alecks

"They sure can!"

#15 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:18 PM

"No, I have never heard of this Earth god you speak of, but now I shall read about her.  This stone is beautiful,' Shanya replies as Tuatha hands her the stone that will apparently allow her to communicate with others.

"How does it work? Do I speak into it?" Shayna is examining the smooth, small stone carefully.  Cyrus leaves Tuatha's lap and leaps to Shayna's to sniff at the stone.  He seems pleased and begins to paw at it gently.

"No," Tuatha laughs. "You need only to think, to speak in your mind to the others if you get into trouble at all, and they will hear you in their minds."

This is almost impossible for Shayna to believe, but she does considering all she's seen and heard about so far.

"Thank you very much, Tuatha.  I will keep it safe in my pouch for now."

Shayna nods as Tuatha suggests finding a jeweler to mount the stone on a necklace or other piece of jewelry.

#16 Scathach

Scathach
  • Islander
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:51 PM

As Lalita wanders around the city of Landing she wonders what kind of life one such as she can make for herself.Not only is she a run away with only a high school diploma and very little real life experience ,she also isn't quite human.Recently she has gone through some frightening changes-a few weeks ago on the day of her nineteenth birthday she for reasons unbeknownst to her found herself shifting into a black leopard.
With no one to explain to her what has happened to her she runs away from the home of her adopted human parents.
After hours of not being able to find a job or a place to live ,a very agitated and frustrated Lalita comes across a Zoological Park.
Not having anything else to do she deceides to take a break from her searching and enters the Zoo.

Edited by Ilana, 12 May 2003 - 01:51 PM.

#17 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:23 PM

Silver smiled at Carlotta. "Thank you, Carlotta. If you ever need any jewelry done, or for any other reason, come see me.

She and Rudy sat down and began to tuck into the delicious breakfast, throwing little looks at each other and holding hands under the table. Silver had never been so happy in all her life.

When she had almost finished eating, she got the strangest feeling, like that of a lost soul wandering, searching, frustrated.

She had a feeling this was going to be a very interesting picnic as she glance over at Rudy again and winked.

#18 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:55 PM

Shai had excused herself from Windy, before Michiko had arrived, suggesting that she go get a nap, the night had been tireing and she could still get about four hours of sleep if she went to bed immediately.

She had come out of the kitchens in time to hear Michiko and Vaughn's announcement.  Beanimg she had gone over to Jono and slid an arm about his waist.

"Father of the bride, are you?  She made the best of choices"  She whispered in Jono's ear. She had sensed what had occured between Michiko and Vaughn last night and was well pleased to see they were making themselves a couple even more openly. She watched quitely from Jono's side as Alecks wrestled with his fears. She had known from Vaughns return from the caves that he had changed, but not how, why.  She had been intending to discuss it later with him.

She smiled up at Jono  "Well, it looks as if I shall have to decide on something a bit fancier to wear today"

She would gladly stand as Michiko's mother for the wedding. It was shapeing up to be a most wonderful day...and Jono and she were to have a night on the town. *Maybe at long last Jono and I can have a night together, undisturbed* She thought hopefully

Edited by Shalamar, 12 May 2003 - 12:03 AM.

#19 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:39 AM

"I think I'll return inside for a moment, Tuatha.  I believe Silver has a jewelry shop now that you have suggested the idea.  I will come back outside with you if you wish to remain here."

Shayna heads inside to the main room of the Inn and gazes around until she spots Silver with Rudy, Carlotta, and Alecks at their table.  Shayna had been hoping to make friends with Carlotta but had not seen her since returning from the caves; and Alecks had not spoken to her since their return either.  Shayna wonders after all if he is the same man she saw in the woods years ago.

"Good.....goodmorning everyone.  Excuse me for interrupting, Silver, but you have a jewelry shop, do you not?  Would you be able to mount this stone into a choker of some sort for me? I will keep it with me for now but perhaps after the picnic?"

The Ave pulls the cat's eye stone from her pouch and shows it to Silver in the palm of her sharp taloned-hand.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 12 May 2003 - 06:08 PM.

#20 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:26 AM

Vaughn looked up at Lucas, and then with a smile took his hand and pulled himself up.

"You have a funny way of saying yes. And as I said before. If I did anything to her, I would take my own head. Then you could have it for your wall."

He could tell that Lucas was not entirely healed. "Come my friend. Let us go back into the main room. Get some food in you. I'm sure it's been some time since you've eaten, and you need to regain your strength."

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users