15 replies to this topic

#1 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

:whistle:

Yeah, Laura Bertram is going to be there. ;)  :wub:

But also Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin from Serentity, Nana Vistitor and Armin Shimerman from DS9. :D  So it looks to be a great show.  Decalogy
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#2 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

Still the stupidest member of the party

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:22 AM

Jewel Staite! Morena Baccarin! Mark Sheppard!

If only I had money...*sighs*
Posted Image

#3 Ascendant Angel

Ascendant Angel

Taking back control

• Islander
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

Money, what is this you talk of? i think i remember that I had some once long long ago. Maybe if I start saving now I can afoord the next con in 2008
AKA Rommie's Voice
Come Tweet with me! AscendantAngel you know you want to.

#4 Pixiedust

Pixiedust

Still the stupidest member of the party

• Islander
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Hey, RV, if we put all our funds together, and save all our money, maybe we can afford a trip to the park this summer, as long as we walk, and get an icecream. The cheapest one.
Posted Image

#5 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Shock of shocks, I bought my ticket the day Laura B was confirmed as a guest.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#6 JamesValEson

JamesValEson

Indomitable Cowbell Juggernaut

• Islander
  • 406 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

Well, one of these years I may make it over for one of Laura's appearances, and meet all of you crazy UK'ers who post here. Of course, I could make it this year, if I win the lottery (like I always say :D ). I may be able to make one in summer '08, since by that time I'll be well into college and not worrying about my qued-up vacation at a regular job.

Barry
Barry, aka James ValEson, Captain of the starship USS Wolf 359, NCC-75820.

(Quotes from the dedication plaque for USS Wolf 359)

"This ship was built to honor those lost to the Borg at Wolf 359,
and made to keep it from happening again."
      - James Val Eson, at the launch of starship Wolf 359, NX-75820.

"Risk...Is our Business..."
     - James T. Kirk

And now some silly quotes from Mythbusters:
"I reject your reality, and substitue my own." Adam

"Quack! Damn you!" Jamie

#7 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

So thats Godeskian and me.  Anyone else?
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#8 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Well I really really would like to go of course. :)  But it is uber expensive for me to do it.  We'll see though.  We're still far enough out that I can't get a decent airline ticket since the deals just aren't there yet.

You said you're booked, CK.  Do you have a hotel room yet?
  Gode?
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#9 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:59 AM

I'm jobless and due an agreement with the bank credit-card-less, I haven't got a hotel room yet.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#10 LittleRedhead

LittleRedhead

Have a Sparky

• Islander
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

Man I really would love to go to Decology this year, but I'm probably going to visit the UK in May to catch the last Man Utd. home game this season. That plan may change, and if it does it will mean I'll be able to make it to Decology.
John 3:16

Littleredhead's handle is definitely "Truth in Advertising". - Rov

#11 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

Wow, it's been nearly two months since the last post here.

What's up peeps?  Anyone who wasn't going, are they now?

C.K., are you bringing your merry band with you again? :hehe:  (Hey, someone has to ask Laura the questions. ;) )

LauraBertram.net

#12 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

Well I have not yet got tickets  :unsure: money problems at the moment, but I will prob go with the Jedi Chefs, not sure if I can stretch to taking both kids as my son is a bit uninterested and the youngest is easily bored.
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#13 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

lol, this was unattended for so long, I started to forget to check it. ;)

Anyway, it looks like I have a good shot at coming now.  So merry ol' England better welcome it's conquerer with open arms. ;)  (j/k)

I haven't bought anything yet mind you, but I am slated to go to the FedCon the following week now as well.  The planning is nearly all completed and organized.  Just need to make a few calculations on the cost and money situation.  I hope to see a couple of you up there. ;)

LauraBertram.net

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Has anyone booked hotel rooms yet? If so, can I possibly nab some floorspace? I take up very little room, and am house-broken ;)

Edited by Godeskian, 18 April 2007 - 05:25 PM.

Defy Gravity!

#15 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

lol, no actually, I'm working on that. ;)  :hehe:

LauraBertram.net

#16 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:08 AM

Quick quick update:

The event was very good.  Things went fairly well and I think most everyone had a good time.  Laura was great and told some new/great stories along with Jewel and Nectar (Rose) [who was bot-girl in Serenity and whom I danced with at one point lol].

Some of the biggest highlights (for me and the con) were:
-The talks (of course)
-myself becoming a Jedi Chef
-Laura becoming a Jedi Chef (shortly after me :lol:)
-most everyone having a good time and getting along with one another
-and um...well, the celebs.  I'd venture to say most of them had a decent time as well with everyone.  But that'd be up to them to say, not me. ;)

k, byes now

LauraBertram.net

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users