• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

By now, you've processed your film, downloaded your digital cameras -- and maybe even recovered from the Con.

Those of us who couldn't attend would love to hear your trip reports, see your pics, etc.

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Neil Gaiman is adorable and Teri Hatcher is a hoot.  They were on the Coraline panel with a few others including the director, the actor who voiced Cat, and two others.  There were about a dozen of the actual figures used in filming on the table, and Hatcher was sitting behind an Other Mother, a slightly diabolical but not yet insectoid one.  The director was talking about the transition from Real Mother to Other Mother and, in a valiant but misguided attempt at a compliment, explained how the Real Mother was kind of frumpy, so he glammed the Other Mother up, using Teri Hatcher as his inspiration.  She laughed and said, I inspired THAT?!!!!!   Big laughs from us, and the rest of the panel was sure to tag all comments with, you inspired that, Teri, and no, you didn't inspire that.  She's a good sport, and gorgeous up close, though perhaps just a tad botoxy.  

Not using botox at all is the lovely, gracefully aging Sigourney Weaver.  Even sitting between Eliza Dushku and Zoe Saldana, she's a standout.  I kept looking at Eliza and Sigourney and wondering why no one has thought to cast them as mother and daughter.  And Zoe kept looking at them, all thrilled and fangirl.  She's delightful, and smart and funny.  Her mom raised her on Star Trek and the importance of Lt Uhuru, so what a mother's dream she must be.    :)  

Something that is quite clear from the panels is that the actors working in scifi are, for the most part, intelligent and quick on the uptake.  

More later, I'm tuckered.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#3 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

I wish more of my photos had turned out, but those that did are up on my website:

Tam's 2009 SDCC photos

No trip report this year.  Should have taken an extra day, instead of going back to work. :(
---Tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#4 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

I think it's amazing that you kept finding me in that crowd.   :D   Are you preregistered for next year?  I found out that Janet Evanovich will be there.  Darkhorse Comics signed her for a graphic novel for the third installment of her Alexandra Barbaby series, so I sent in a question about Comic-Con 2010 and will she be attending to her website and got an immediate yes!    :)
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

I split the Comicon 10 planning discussion to this thread

The title would serve as a reminder on the main page. More people would may find it and participate. Also , the Comicon 9 threads will be archived at some point, but the Comicon 10 planning thread should remain vital for almost another year.

#6 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

View PostOrpheus, on Aug 26 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

I split the Comicon 10 planning discussion to this thread

The title would serve as a reminder on the main page. More people would may find it and participate. Also , the Comicon 9 threads will be archived at some point, but the Comicon 10 planning thread should remain vital for almost another year.
Um, about that, I seem to be spreading my reportage around, mostly as replies in threads in many forums.  Sorry.  I should track them down and copy them here.    :blush:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users